PDA

View Full Version : TTR SOS: How Do I Crane?

Aiyman
07-06-2016, 06:00 PM
I've been maxed in the CFO for a year, and I have no idea how to crane. I feel embarrassed....:(

So I'd appreciate some tips on how to crane in the CFO, since I'm thinking about soloing or doing a duo one day.

Conjuring
07-06-2016, 06:14 PM
There is lots of guides on youtube

here is one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvZK-raaJzs

Hope
07-06-2016, 09:10 PM
Craning takes some practice. The thing to remember is to not get scared or nervous. Usually the first thing to do is to get the safes out of their corners. Once you get familiar with the crane more often you'll start to understand the flow of the crane's movements and its limits. Honestly, throwing goons is the easiest part! I don't really know how to fully explain it into words but you gotta get on those cranes and get a feel for 'em and you'll be craning in no time! ;)

Spawkyboo
07-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Practice :D

RevivalReggie
07-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Practice makes perfect. I was nervous for first time when I crane since I did my first CFO. You get use to it, don't worries, we all make mistake in craning. I have confidence in you.

OhSoHardcore
07-06-2016, 09:58 PM
Just keep rushing to the crane and go for it. Try to make sure the safes are close to your toon as it's easier to grab them to throw them at the CFO when he gets dizzy. Best of luck! :trampoline:

Teagan
07-07-2016, 12:29 PM

watch this^^ practice makes perfect, my friend

krd
07-14-2016, 06:38 PM
very carefully

Aiyman
07-14-2016, 06:40 PM
very carefully

I'm talking about Toontown, not real life mate.
Alsom if you were talking about Toontown, no one does anything carefully.

bananagrooven
07-14-2016, 08:18 PM
AHHH same, I'm maxed in vp, cfo and cj and all I know how to do is stun at CJ, like that's it, I can't crane && I'm bad at stunning in vp :(

Tanner
07-14-2016, 09:05 PM
when cfo not dizzy: throw goons
when cfo dizzy:throw safes

Lacy
07-14-2016, 09:59 PM
Like everyone else said, practice is the best way to get a sense for craning. Just do it a lot, but until you're comfortable with your abilities try to ensure the 4 strongest craners are on the cranes if things get bad.

I'll throw in a few tips (I didn't watch the videos so they may or may not be covered):

Try not to reach too much farther than you need to when you get goons. It'll save time and help keep your crane controlled.
Don't swing wildly; smooth, controlled strokes are how to get in quicker and more accurate hits.
I personally go for goons before I move the two safes closer. Why? Two goons come out of each side at the start and throwing the goons keeps the battle moving. Let your partner move his safes, and once his are moved you can move yours while he takes care of any goons that are coming out. If you see your partner going for the goons, you can back off and move your safes. To each his own, though.
Once you get to a point where you can throw disabled goons comfortably, try live goons. Start simple, wait for a goon to pass in the line connecting your stand and the CFO. Center your magnet, reach back, and on your way forward hold down the ctrl key. Release it at the same time you'd release a dead goon, and you've just hit the CFO without needing a stomper.

Mariel
07-15-2016, 01:03 AM

I highly recommend watching this video. It provides excellent tips and visuals for how to crane.

yixing
07-15-2016, 04:09 AM
step one: grab a crane as fast as possible.
step two: ignore the people yelling at you bc you got there first.
step three: cry pathetically bc why is it lagging now.
step four: don't throw a safe.
step five: don't throw a safe.
step six: ok now he's dizzy throw a safe.
step seven: jk he's gonna wear it anyway.
step eight: lay down. try not to cry. cry a lot.

Madvillain
07-15-2016, 12:23 PM
Try your best

I'm talking about Toontown, not real life mate.
toontown is my real life

MooneRider
07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
I am maxed in the CFO and can generally hit 50s with safes. And don't worry, I was once the one that said I couldn't crane to save my life as well.

Here are a few tips that I use:
Always center your magnet before swinging for a safe or goon or at the CFO's head. This reduces the amount of unwanted swing, which makes your aim more accurate.
At the beginning of the fight, move the safes nearer to you. This makes it much easier to quickly grab a safe and do damage once he becomes dizzy.
When throwing a goon at his head, don't wait until it's right next to his head to let go. If someone is already throwing a goon, once they hit and he sits down then your hit will miss. Best to let go a little before that so that the goon you're throwing will still hit.

Of course, the best guide would be to just look it up online. That turned me from a craning noob to a craning pro. :)