PDA

View Full Version : Gag accuracy, formulas and how to calculate them.

Patrick
09-14-2014, 12:11 AM
Hello people of TTA. Originally, I wasn't sure if I should post this in Professor Pete's forum or here, but I feel that the information presented is just more general information that people should know rather than a strategy based guide.

Before I begin, I would like to point out that I obtained the bulk of this information from this reddit thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/2fvapv/gag_accuracy_guide/). I am relisting the information given by him to this place. I take no credit for these findings, I am simply just showing it to you guys.

As you all might have seen in Matt's Advanced Toontown guides document, the gag accuracies were listed there. However, we missed a few important mechanics to determine the final accuracy of when the gag is actually used against the cog. Here are the base accuracies of every single gag, assuming it is maxed in EXP.

*Trap is not listed as it has perfect accuracy.

Feather
Megaphone
Lipstick
Cane
Pixie Dust
Juggling Cubes
High Dive

70%
70%
70%
70%
70%
70%
100%

$1 Bill
Small Magnet
$5 Bill
Big Magnet
$10 Bill
Hypno Goggles
Presentation

50%
50%
60%
60%
70%
70%
90%

$1 Bill
Small Magnet
$5 Bill
Big Magnet
$10 Bill
Hypno Goggles
Presentation

60%
60%
70%
70%
80%
80%
100%

Bike Horn
Whistle
Trumpet
Aoogah
Elephant Trunk
Foghorn
Opera

95%
95%
95%
95%
95%
95%
95%

Cupcake
Fruit Pie Slice
Cream Pie Slice
Whole Fruit Pie
Whole Cream Pie
Birthday Cake
Wedding Cake

75%
75%
75%
75%
75%
75%
75%

Squirting Flower
Glass of Water
Squirt Gun
Seltzer Bottle
Fire Hydrant
Storm Cloud
Geyser

95%
95%
95%
95%
95%
95%
95%

Flower Pot
Sandbag
Anvil
Big Weight
Safe
Grand Piano
Toontanic

50%
50%
50%
50%
50%
50%
50%

The first thought you might have is "So Organic Presentation will never miss?". That is not entirely true. Organic Presentation does have a base accuracy of 100% (as does High Dive), but it will come out lower than that when we use the gag accuracy formula, which is...

Accuracy = Acc+Exp+AccBonus+LureBonus-Def

We will have to explain a few of the variables. Acc is the accuracy of the gag you are choosing. Exp is a separate variable that is based on your max gag level. AccBonus can be best explained in this fashion. Remember the old toon tip that stunning the cogs with Throw/Squirt/Sound would increase Drop's accuracy? Well, it doesn't just apply to Drop, it applies to all gags! AccBonus is 20* of times the cog was hit. So if you use Throw and Squirt on a cog, and then Drop, AccBonus will be 40 for the Drop gag.

LureBonus is basically a check to make sure that the cogs will always be hit while they are lured. It is not related to the damage bonus in any fashion. Finally, Def is actually a variable which decreases the gag's accuracy. It shall be referred to as Cog Defense from here on out.

Here are the tables for EXP and Cog Defense.

Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
Level 6
Level 7

*Flunky, Bottom Feeder, Short Change and Cold Caller have their own separate chart on the Cog Defense list. Any cog from rank 2-8 on the corporate ladder follows the second chart.

Level 1
Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5

Level 2
Level 3
Level 4
Level 5
Level 6
Level 7
Level 8
Level 9
Level 10
Level 11
Level 12

So, let's do some calculations with our newfound knowledge. Let's say I used maxed Hypno Goggles on a Level 12 Big Wig.

Accuracy = 70+60-55= 75. The Hypno Goggles have a 75% chance to hit a Level 12 Big Wig.

Or, how about using a Throw and Squirt gag on a Level 11 Hollywood, then a Grand Piano?

Accuracy = 50 + 60 + 40 - 55 = 95. That's a 95% chance to slam a Grand Piano on top of his ugly face.

Please note, all gags are maxed out at 95% accuracy, even if they go over. No gag is truly 100% accurate unless it's an SOS card.

Mariel
09-14-2014, 12:28 AM
This is truly revolutionary knowledge. Okay so question on AccBonus, does this apply per gag or per gag track so for example, does the accuracy of storm cloud go up for each cream pie that was used or does it only go up if two diff tracks were used so like an elephant trunk and then a cream pie?

Accuracy = 50 + 60 + 40 - 55 = 95. That's a 95% chance to slam a Grand Piano on top of his ugly face.

Wouldn't the second number be 50? You said in the chart that level 6 gags are 50exp and level 7 gags are 60.

Patrick
09-14-2014, 12:30 AM
This is truly revolutionary knowledge. Okay so question on AccBonus, does this apply per gag or per gag track so for example, does the accuracy of storm cloud go up for each cream pie that was used or does it only go up if two diff tracks were used so like an elephant trunk and then a cream pie?

Per gag, not per gag track. If I used two Seltzer Bottles instead of a Throw/Squirt gag listed in the Piano calculation, it still would have given +40 for the Piano.

Mariel
09-14-2014, 12:34 AM
Per gag, not per gag track. If I used two Seltzer Bottles instead of a Throw/Squirt gag listed in the Piano calculation, it still would have given +40 for the Piano.

Okay. What about within a gag track. Will 3 hoses make the last storm cloud more accurate within the same turn?

Patrick
09-14-2014, 12:36 AM
Okay. What about within a gag track. Will 3 hoses make the last storm cloud more accurate within the same turn?

No, the AccBonus would not apply here as the cog would have not been stunned by a previous gag. If one squirt gag hits in the same turn, all squirt gags hit in the same term. Same for missing.

EDIT:

Wouldn't the second number be 50? You said in the chart that level 6 gags are 50exp and level 7 gags are 60.

No, the chart is not based on what gag you picked, but rather the maxed gag level. I should have specified that we assumed the entire track was maxed in those calculations. Think of it this way. If I max that entire track, the EXP I have is level 7 and thus, I get a +60 boost. If I only had Big Weight, it would be level 4 and I would get a +30 boost.

Mariel
09-14-2014, 12:39 AM
No, the AccBonus would not apply here as the cog would have not been stunned by a previous gag. If one squirt gag hits in the same turn, all squirt gags hit in the same term. Same for missing.

Are you sure on this? I've seen pies and hoses miss while cakes and clouds have hit and vice versa.

Patrick
09-14-2014, 12:42 AM
Are you sure on this? I've seen pies and hoses miss while cakes and clouds have hit and vice versa.

That's an old bug from TTO. It doesn't happen very often, but it's odd when it does.

Mariel
09-14-2014, 12:45 AM
That's an old bug from TTO. It doesn't happen very often, but it's odd when it does.

Oh okay. And ty for the clarification of the EXP chart.

Lebron
09-14-2014, 01:00 AM
This is well done :)

Adam
09-14-2014, 03:26 AM
One of the Toontown tips that when going through tunnels said that gags that are similar to the level of the cogs will hit more often. For example, a $10 lure will be more accurate on a lvl 5 cog than a lvl 4 or 6. From what I see in the OP, only the higher levels have this effect and that it should actually be easier to hit lower levels.

You also say gags used in the same turn wont affect accuracy, but it's been shown that using a lower leveled magnet can make dollar bills hit more often. Also, would using a magnet and a hypno in the same turn and 1 miss count as a glitch, cause that happens a lot.

Patrick
09-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Assuming lure track is maxed and gag being used is non organic $10 bill.

(Level 5 Cog) Accuracy= 70 + 60 - 20 = 110, capped out at 95%.
(Level 4 Cog) Accuracy= 70 + 60 - 15 = 115, capped out at 95%.
(Level 6 Cog) Accuracy= 70 + 60 - 25 = 105, capped out at 95%.

The Toon Tips were incorrect or misread. I think I might be misunderstanding your point here, though.

I don't ever recall seeing a Magnet miss and a Hypno hit in the same turn or vice versa as they target all cogs. If one would miss, they both would. As for Dollars/Magnets, I've seen that happen where one hits and the other doesn't.

Tami
09-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks for posting this! (sun)

Bittersweet
09-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Thanks for the guide!

Dizzy Wildcrash
09-14-2014, 12:05 PM
I barely ever use magnet with hypno but when training at the early levels of lure, I've used small magnets with $5 bills and most of the time the dollar hits and the magnet may or may not. The same goes for big magnet and $10 bills as I've used these combinations before and it feels that it's stronger together than alone.

Hope
09-14-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the info!

Purrfectly Impurrfect
09-14-2014, 03:05 PM
Thanks for the guide! (f)