PDA

View Full Version : Are they going to do toon transfers or not?

Patrick
09-20-2014, 09:41 AM
I've wondered about this for awhile. I share an account with a very good friend of mine (bless her heart) which has my toon on it. I'd really like to transfer my toon so I could help her with tasks and also not conflict with logging on at the same time as her. I know for a fact that it was indeed possible in TTO to transfer toons across accounts.

The issue I have right now however, is that I've heard people say they're not going to transfer toons in TTR. However, I haven't really heard a dev confirm it's not going to happen at all. Plus, one person in particular told me that it wasn't even possible in TTO(despite having played it for apparently 9 years and having a 135 laff toon), but that's obviously not true.

So will it be possible, or am I gonna have to rebuild again?

Lebron
09-20-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure the developers stated they would not be bringing back old toons if that's what you're asking? However, if you email them and ask they may be able to move one toon to another account of yours possibly. No promises though.

Patrick
09-20-2014, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the developers stated they would not be bringing back old toons if that's what you're asking? However, if you email them and ask they may be able to move one toon to another account of yours possibly. No promises though.

This is what I am asking. I want to move my toon on TTR from my friends account to my TTR account. I am very well aware they can't bring back toons from TTO.

Lebron
09-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Hmmm... I feel as though it is possible. Not 100% sure though, but you should shoot them an email. No harm in asking.

Stereo Hearts
09-20-2014, 10:05 AM
I think I know someone who got that done for their account but I'm not too sure. Good luck trying to transfer your toon, though :heartbeat:

Patrick
09-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Thank you both! I've sent an email to the support team, awaiting a reply now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Lebron
09-20-2014, 10:12 AM
Thank you both! I've sent an email to the support team, awaiting a reply now.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes! Good luck :)

Vouleux
09-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Good luck on getting your toon transferred! :D
Of course, I don't think there's any guarantee at all, but there is a good possibility.

Madvillain
09-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I know that on Toontown Online it was possible to get your toons transferred, I had one of mine transferred back in 2012.

Smiling Irish Eyes
09-20-2014, 01:05 PM
It's definitely possible, but I don't know if they'll do it. I also share an account with a friend and we both have high-laff toons on it, so it would really stink if they didn't allow transfers. I sent them an email about a month ago asking if they would allow it once TTR opened, and they said that they didn't know yet. At this point I would hold off on emailing them because they've probably got their hands full with Toonfest. If they didn't allow it, it would probably upset a lot of people because I know there are dozens more that also share their account with someone else.

Wiibob Rox
09-20-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm in the same boat as you are Patrick and I would really prefer to have my toon on an account under my own name. I'm sure TTR has to know that a lot of players are sharing accounts with friends but now that anyone can get an account, it would make sense that all those who shared want their own personal account.

Mariel
09-20-2014, 03:50 PM
I'm hoping they will do toon transfers. They've done a good job of listening to their fanbase so if there's enough public outcry then maybe we'll get to see it happen!

Lucas
09-20-2014, 03:54 PM
When I got my beta key (this was the second week of semi-open beta?), I asked staff if they could transfer my toon from my friend's account to my own. They said no, but it is a feature that they will be working on in the future!

Wiibob Rox
09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
When I got my beta key (this was the second week of semi-open beta?), I asked staff if they could transfer my toon from my friend's account to my own. They said no, but it is a feature that they will be working on in the future!

I heard about staff denying transfers in semi-open beta but from what you're saying, this was about 3 months ago. Still gotta hope for it though!

Hope
09-20-2014, 06:05 PM
I'd love to transfer my toon, as I am sharing with someone and don't want to take up their time on TTR any longer. I really hope that this might happen in the future, but I highly doubt it will be possible.

Azure Swallowtail
09-20-2014, 08:05 PM
I too have a couple of toons on a friend's account that I'd love to transfer over to my own account. Please make this happen TTR! :chairspin:

Patrick
09-20-2014, 08:13 PM
I'm actually pretty glad to see I'm not alone in this situation. I still haven't gotten a response yet, but I'll let you guys know when I do get one.

Patrick
09-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Well, that took long enough. Here's the answer to my support ticket question.

Hey there, Patrick!

I'm very sorry but we do not have a means to transfer toons at this time. I am hoping to have the tools to do that in the future. Unfortunately I cannot make any promises or predictions when that will happen.

See you around! Peanut, Toontown Rewritten Support

Looks like I'm going to be sharing an account for awhile.