PDA

View Full Version : What SOS Cards do you want to shop for?

Dizzy Wildcrash
11-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi shoppers. Recently, people have been talking about wanting SOS cards other than what we have or less than what we currently stay for.

We are interested in what you guys have to say about it but we want to consolidate the responses to a consensus.

What SOS cards do you want to shop for? Do you want any cards not on our list?

Do you prefer 16? 14? 12? 10? 8? Are you ok with the amount now or would you like to see it increased or decreased?

Do you want lure SOS cards added such as Nancy Gas and Stinky Ned?

Do you want to change the cogs miss and toons hit cards?

Please leave your thoughts below to improve SOS shopping with TVPC & EET!

astra
11-16-2014, 07:07 PM
I would like to shop for the Elite 8 + Sid the most. :p

Suspicious
11-16-2014, 07:12 PM
my opinions:
don't stay for toons hit, i really don't see a use to it. if you can't afford lure to miss why not presentation or lure sos?
stay for all cogs miss cards because shopping for just one wastes more time. they're all the same
stay for all lure sos cards because honestly all the vp lure cards are basically the same... LOM lasts 1 more round than the others and that's it, so i'd rather not waste time shopping for only LOM and not all lure cards.
maybe madam chuckle, she is kind of useful when soloing sometimes, still not as good as the other 2 toonup cards so i don't care if she gets added or not
thanks!

Joann
11-16-2014, 07:14 PM
I prefer shopping for the Elite 8 and Sid. Thank you guys for hosting! :happyhop:

Connor
11-16-2014, 07:24 PM
Elite 8 and Sid :)

Suspicious
11-16-2014, 07:26 PM
honestly staying only for 8-9 sos cards is kind of dumb since you'll have to do way more vps to find those unless you get lucky. why not get cards that are just as good in less runs?

Saphera
11-16-2014, 07:31 PM
The 8 plus Sid is all I'm really interested in shopping for.

Allure
11-16-2014, 07:34 PM
I only shop for the Elite 8 + Sid. :greenangel:

Little Melody Pickletoon
11-16-2014, 09:03 PM
I honestly love shopping for cogs miss and toons hit as well, while others might not see the importance i do :P

Versae
11-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I would like to shop for the Elite 8 + Sid the most. :p

:yeahthat:

Gimme The Cereal Box
11-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Id have to say the Elite 8 + Sid as well.

Azam
11-16-2014, 09:59 PM
I like the Elite 8 and Sid. I also wouldn't mind staying for Barbara Seville since her fog still does 40, which is substantial enough to make a difference.

AquaCat
11-16-2014, 10:12 PM
I like the Elite 8 and Sid. I also wouldn't mind staying for Barbara Seville since her fog still does 40, which is substantial enough to make a difference.

Fog, Barbara, and 2 trunks does the job for a standard set of level 11's! I love Barbara and would stay for her any time. Of course, I also love the Elite 8.

Flamin' Hot
11-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Elite 8 + Sid. I also like Daffy Don or Barbara so maybe 10? :)

Mariel
11-16-2014, 10:43 PM
I would like to shop for more cards and tbh idk why we didn't start out that way to begin with. If you're going to stay for Lil Oldman there is literally no reason (bar the fact that you might want to put something else in your 16 card slots) to not stay for Nancy Gas and/or Stinky Ned. Contrary to popular belief, they both lured for the exact same amount of turns. I tested it myself and Lil Oldman and his lower starred counter parts hold the cogs lured for four turns each. Also, if you're going to stay for Sid Sonata you might as well stay for Clumsy Ned as they both serve the exact same purpose of acting as a foghorn. Don't believe me? Let's do some math.

Two elephant trunks and a foghorn = 92 then factor in the combo damage and you have 110.4 which is rounded up to 111 cause Toontown always rounds up

Two elephant trunks and a clumsy ned = 102 then factor in the combo damage of the two elephant trunks and you have 110.4 which is rounded up to 111 cause Toontown always rounds up.

Yes, if you're dropless then Sid Sonata could be the better solution just in case the sound misses then your clumsy ned might not hit its mark. However, Clumsy Ned also serves a very interesting purpose as it can combo with other drop gags while working with the sound and since it's drop it has interesting applications with the geyser. There are people playing who view level 7s as the end all be all of anything and if you use one then all cogs are gonna be wiped off the field. A common mistake is using a geyser on level 12s. Geyser + Lure isn't enough to kill the 12s and they have to be individually hit by another squirt gag in order for them to die. However, with clumsy ned you can kill them all by adding him to the geyser + lure bonus which is something sid couldn't do since he'd ruin the lure!!111111111111111111111

Clumsy Ned VS Barbara Seville

Two Trunks + Barbara Seville = 82 + the combo damage (16.4) = 98.4 or 99

Clumsy + two trunks does far more damage which I think would make him better, no?

Toons Hit & Cogs Miss

These SOS cards are the only things that can make toons guaranteed to hit in everything they do or cogs miss in everything they do. Other SOS cards aren't so unique. You want to lure? You could use hypno goggles or presentation. You want to hit all cogs for an absurd amt of damage? You could use a level 7. You want to heal yourself? You could use a unite. You want to restock your gags, there are plenty of unites for those. However, the only way to guarantee you and your team complete accuracy or safety from cog attacks regardless is with toons hit/cogs miss sos cards. Because of their uniqueness and the fact that what they do is actually useful when things are taking a turn for the worse (cogs miss also has a grand soloing niche) I think they should be shopped for.

What I Think We Should Shop For

Elite 8
Sid Sonata
Nancy Gas
Stinky Ned
Clumsy Ned
Mr. Freeze
Julius Wheezer
Soggy Bottom
Daffy Don

-----

At the very least, I think:

elite 8
Sid
Nancy
Stinky
Clumsy

because nancy and stinky both function like a member of the elite 8 (oldman) and since everyone is including sid with their elite 8 and clumsy can basically do the same thing, he should also be included.

Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle
11-16-2014, 10:52 PM
Elite 8 and Sid are what I prefer.

My Fair Lady
11-16-2014, 11:09 PM
I rather shop for the top 9 cards (Elite 8 + Sid). Even though cogs miss and toons hit are 4 star cards, I just don't see the need to have them on regular shopping events. I'll stay for them if we have to, but I'll most likely never use those cards.

Edit: I don't mind Daffy Don either.

astra
11-16-2014, 11:11 PM
May I suggest a compromise? Perhaps we could stay for only the Elite 8 + Sid the first and third Sunday of every month and on the second and fourth Sunday, we could stay for other cards too.

Pitiful Purrfection
11-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Personally, I don't like staying for Sid. I know he is very useful as he is basically an extra fog, but something about me just hates staying for him.
It might be because I started shopping way long ago in TCB and EPIC times and they never, that I remember, stayed for Sid.

However, I'd be much more willing to attend a shopping event where they stay for the Elite 8 + Sid, rather than the Elite 8 + Sid, plus however many others that I would only get to waste in a street battle cog.

Dizzy Wildcrash
11-17-2014, 02:12 AM
I don't like cogs miss nor toons hit cards. They aren't very useful in boss and office battles. I don't even like Flippy or Daffy Don. We have enough toon up and I've never seen the point in them except for soloing. I don't really like Sid but people have to have him because they want more fogs. A problem I see with this is they aren't using their sids when people run out of frogs. what's the point in having him if you hoard your rewards?!?!?!111!! Your SOS toons want to help you, not feel guilt tripped for life because you have their IOU.

And Dan is right in that Clumsy Ned is better than Barbara because he is another fog while Barbara is only another fog for 11s.

Because all lure sos's are the same, do you want them all included or not? I don't see the point in only one or two. All or nothing.

To be honest, I only use 6 SOS cards mostly and they are the elite 8 minus flippy and oldman. I would like to have only these 6 but compromises have to be made. I also think 3 lure sos's is a bit too much if you add in nancy gas and stinky ned which are the same as oldman. I'm really just rambling on because I don't know the best solution. I'm putting everything out there at this point.

I would like an Elite 6 but that would never happen. The general consensus seems to be the elite 9. Dan is also right in that maybe it should be an elite 10 since Clumsy ned is another fog.
(wow dan u r rite a lots)

Do you want Clumsy Ned added since he does the same thing as Sid?
wow idek what i wrote but try and answer the toolongdidnt read below because im going on about nonsense ok ill stop :)
Thanks everyone for sharing! Keep it up and tell us what you think would be the best solution for all of us!

tl;dr:

clumsy ned does the same thing as sid. want him yes/no
nancy gas and stinky ned do same thing as lil oldman. want them added / one added / none added
what is the best possible solution to this dilemma? the answer comes from u

Derrick
11-17-2014, 02:31 AM
I would do Elite 8 + Sid

Anatidaephobic
11-17-2014, 04:30 AM
If we had to collect all cards that do the same, then we need all 3 Toons Hit, all 3 Cogs Miss, all 3 Lures, both Sid and Clumsy Ned, and then... oops no room for the elite 8.

Personally, I think that exactly because they do the same, one must be chosen over the others. Some people don't want lure at all, so why should they have to collect 3 lure cards, with a 25% chance to have to stay for a lure (assuming 3/12), when they could go and collect something better?

Same for Sid and Clumsy. Sid was already an extension to the elite 8. There are 3 superior cards to Clumsy Ned, aka Sid (generally equal but wins animation-wise. Toons usually like to do things fast :p), Franz and Bessie. Shoppers simply do not have a need for a 4th weaker card when they could go and collect the three other ones.

In short: while in regular VPs, I wouldn't mind getting Clumsy Ned, Sid, and some other cards, at all. As a *shopper*, I would personally want to *shop* for the best. So, not even Sid really, but I can live with him.

If and once TTR adds the double SOS per VP thing then I wouldn't really mind even the 'sweet 16' from back in the day. While we only get 1 card, I'd rather focus my energy on the better ones only.

Thanks for listening (sun)

Suspicious
11-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Honestly.... Toons Hit is useless, so that's 3 less spaces that would be cleared from your sos card thing if we don't shop for those.
Cogs Miss, we should shop for them all because they're useful and the same thing.
I don't want Clumsy Ned.
All lure SOS cards are the same, so I REALLY don't know what's the deal with people thinking LOM is the best card. Please!
I don't care if Sid is still there.
I don't want to waste more time looking only for 8 cards when I could get something just as good in less time.
Listen to reason, people.

So the SOS cards I want to stay for:
All 5 stars
Daffy
Stinky Ned
Nancy Gas
Melody Wavers
Flim Flam
Julius Wheezer
Mr. Freeze
Franz Neckvein
Sid Sonata
Barbara or Chuckle, I don't care which one is added if they are, or don't add them.

OhSoHardcore
11-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Elite 8 & Sid. :)

Wiibob Rox
11-17-2014, 12:43 PM
I would really prefer to stay for these 12:
-Elite 8
-Sid Sonata
-Julius Wheezer
-Flim Flam
-Daffy Don

I feel that out of the options for Cogs Miss/Toons Hit, most people just have the most of Julius/Flim.

Kuitsuku
11-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I prefer the Elite 8 + Sid.

Suspicious
11-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Can I have a reason why people want to stay only for the Elite 8? If you're gonna stay for Oldman you might as well stay for any lure card since they're the same.
I don't understand why one wouldn't want to stay for Daffy Don or Cogs Miss either.
You say you prefer the Elite 8 + Sid but you don't give me any reasons why. Only one person has posted their reason to stay only for the Elite 8.
I've posted my reasons why not to but apparently everyone thinks a 5 line thing is too long to read...

Purrfectly Impurrfect
11-17-2014, 03:40 PM
I'd like to stay for the Elite 8 as well as Baker Bridget, Nancy Gas, Sid Sonata, Sofie Squirt, and Doctor Drift.
I dislike how we don't stay for any restock cards besides restock all and sound. I believe restock cards like throw, squirt, and lure are just as important. I'd also like to see more lure cards added like Nancy Gas and/or Stinky Ned rather than just Lil Oldman.

Mariel
11-17-2014, 04:02 PM
If we had to collect all cards that do the same, then we need all 3 Toons Hit, all 3 Cogs Miss, all 3 Lures, both Sid and Clumsy Ned, and then... oops no room for the elite 8.

Personally, I think that exactly because they do the same, one must be chosen over the others.

Yes, obviously at some point you have to make a choice. Would I rather collect Mr. Freeze or Flim Flam? Sticky Lou or Soggy Nell? However, just because we have to decide which ones we're gonna collect doesn't mean they shouldn't be shopped for at all.

Some people don't want lure at all, so why should they have to collect 3 lure cards, with a 25% chance to have to stay for a lure (assuming 3/12), when they could go and collect something better?

The same logic could be applied to running. Why should the people who want those extra lure cards (or any of the other cards not included in the elite 8) have to run on them simply because others don't see their worth/don't want them?

Same for Sid and Clumsy. Sid was already an extension to the elite 8. There are 3 superior cards to Clumsy Ned, aka Sid (generally equal but wins animation-wise. Toons usually like to do things fast :p), Franz and Bessie. Shoppers simply do not have a need for a 4th weaker card when they could go and collect the three other ones.

I personally like the variety of having those "weaker but still pretty good SOS cards". This means you can really pick the best card for the situation. Why Franz when you could Sid or Clumsy Ned? If the situation truly calls for a Bessie or a Franz then use them but if the situation could be just as well resolved with a Sid Sonata or Clumsy Ned then I'd rather have them on hand to use. Yes, having your jack-of-all trades SOS cards is important and that's why they're infinitely superior to cards like Sid and Clumsy but you can only have so many of them so why not increase the amount of tools in your toolbox so you can save the best ones for when they're truly needed?

In short: while in regular VPs, I wouldn't mind getting Clumsy Ned, Sid, and some other cards, at all. As a *shopper*, I would personally want to *shop* for the best. So, not even Sid really, but I can live with him.

If and once TTR adds the double SOS per VP thing then I wouldn't really mind even the 'sweet 16' from back in the day. While we only get 1 card, I'd rather focus my energy on the better ones only.

Thanks for listening (sun)

This I cannot argue with. In the end it comes down to what you feel is worth your time and why it's worth it. Thank you for explaining your reasons and I hope others of similar opinion will feel compelled to do the same.

Suspicious
11-17-2014, 08:11 PM
I'd like to stay for the Elite 8 as well as Baker Bridget, Nancy Gas, Sid Sonata, Sofie Squirt, and Doctor Drift.
I dislike how we don't stay for any restock cards besides restock all and sound. I believe restock cards like throw, squirt, and lure are just as important. I'd also like to see more lure cards added like Nancy Gas and/or Stinky Ned rather than just Lil Oldman.

Staying for any restock cards will fill up our SOS cards and we won't have room for others. The restock throw, squirt, and lure, I have unites for those.
I agree on staying for all lure cards.

Kaitlin
11-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Elite 8 and sid (sun)

Purrfectly Impurrfect
11-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Staying for any restock cards will fill up our SOS cards and we won't have room for others. The restock throw, squirt, and lure, I have unites for those.
I agree on staying for all lure cards.
You can never have enough restock gags imo. :guffaw:

Poisoned Paradise
11-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Shopping for the 8+ Sid is the best for me. There are some other useful SOS cards, but I'd rather not shop for them because I could be shopping for better ones.
Maybe there could be a shopping event once every two months or something that shops for 8 different SOS cards.

Clark
11-18-2014, 07:44 AM
Elite 8 Sid all cogs miss all sos lure

Plushie
11-20-2014, 08:45 PM
I prefer these:

Flippy
Bessie
Clara
Pete
Moe Zart
Sid
Old man
Any Cogs Miss
Any Toons Hit

I don't like shopping for Melody... but I wouldn't be mad if I got a few.

Suspicious
11-24-2014, 10:35 PM
You can never have enough restock gags imo. :guffaw:
I only have 2 spots on my SOS card list, and I don't want to clean 2 just to shop for bad restock cards.

Hope
11-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Elite 8 + Sid.