PDA

View Full Version : Protect Your Information!

Sleepless Nights
12-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Hi, as of yesterday, Toontown House was closed down.

I would like to inform ANYONE here who played Toontown House, that if you used the same account information that you did for Toontown House for Toontown Rewritten, you need to change it ASAP, as the database was leaked and in hand of the hackers and a few other people.

Yesterday night I spent hours talking to a dear friend of mine who got messages to the developers and staff of Toontown Rewritten from me of this situation and we were all talking about how to fix it. A few hours later, I was able to get a hold of the database file and send it to them.

Supposedly, the hackers planned on leaking the information today (not a fact - heard from a someone who is close), but I have not seen any sign of it for myself. But since the database information I ended up finally getting and sent to the mod chat of Toontown Rewritten, they are working hard to protect anyone who has the same information as they used for Toontown Rewritten.

If you are currently not able to log into your account and it says that your account has not yet been activated or disabled, your account might have been in the database leak and already sent to the staff to fix. No worries! To get ahold of them, you can use the IRC chat (https://gamesurge.net/chat/), or you can email them with this email: support@toontownrewritten.com and talk to them. They do know of this situation and they are expecting people to come to them about their accounts. If your toon was deleted, and you're still able to get into your account, tell them.

These hackers have been a real pain. This is just really saddening people want to ruin Toontown.

:duowave:Here is a Reddit post about this situation and how to keep your information SAFE! (http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/2p0qoq/psa_protect_your_information_and_details_and_how/)

Candy Sparklemuffin
12-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I find it sad that people want to ruin Toontown for others and that Toontown House closed down. Thanks for the warning!

clovertheduck
12-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the warning!

Ultimate Mayhem
12-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Oh, man. I hope my TTR account is okay.

Mariel
12-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Thank you for letting us know. Toontown has always had people that want to ruin it for others but without Disney's officialness to lord over everything, stuff like this is more prone to happening. I didn't play Toontown House but I hope those who did see this in time and change their info. Additionally, if you used the login/pass for Toontown House for non-Toontown related things you should change those passwords.

Poisoned Paradise
12-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Thank you for posting this!

OhSoHardcore
12-12-2014, 08:00 PM
Thanks for letting us know. :)

Vouleux
12-12-2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the warning! It's really sickening that people think it's justifiable to leak a database and ruin accounts.

Rumor
12-12-2014, 08:43 PM
Wait whats Toontown House

Sleepless Nights
12-12-2014, 08:44 PM
I just found out that the information regarding the database file that I gave to the mod chat saved over 300+ accounts. Also, they can restore toons if your toon might have been deleted. I also recently got told that if your account says that it hasn't been activated or that it's disabled to check your email that you signed up with for an email from them about your account. They sent out emails to the accounts that were affected.

Sleepless Nights
12-12-2014, 08:46 PM
Wait whats Toontown House

It was another Toontown server like Toontown Rewritten.

Memory
12-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting (f)

Mystical
12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the warning!

Versae
12-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Glad I never played it. Thanks for the tip.

Dizzy Wildcrash
12-12-2014, 10:31 PM
thank you for sending the info to staff! actions speak louder than words so again ty!

Allison
12-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the warning! It's pathetic how some people feel the need to hack others.

Hope
12-13-2014, 02:06 AM
Thank you for the information! Good for you that you saved so many accounts, be proud. (sun)

My Fair Lady
12-13-2014, 02:19 AM
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. I hope the people who spend so much of their time ruining others little fun realize this, and start doing more productive things, like washing the dishes. Thanks for the information and the proactivity!

Derrick
12-13-2014, 02:20 AM
Thanks!

Sir Whiskers
12-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Virtually every site/game I've signed up for has a completely different password. I wish more people would practice this. Better safe than sorry!

Sleepless Nights
12-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Virtually every site/game I've signed up for has a completely different password. I wish more people would practice this. Better safe than sorry!

Exactly! It's the best idea. And if you can't remember them, you can just write them down somewhere!