PDA

View Full Version : If Toontown Online never existed?

Mehdiocre
01-01-2015, 08:45 PM
This is more of how the game's existence impacted you as a person. Where do you think you would be if this game was never around? For me, this game has done wonders for my personality, without this game I wouldn't be as mature as I am now. It also taught me not to foolishly give out my information to others.

Little Melody Pickletoon
01-01-2015, 09:54 PM
I would'nt know true friendship and I'd be in a really bad place.

Allison
01-01-2015, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't have nearly as many friends as I do now. TTO introduced me to more than half of my current friends. Hall gave me the ability to build my responsibility when I was staff, and the people I met there taught me how to be a better person. I got my job because of Hall, and I'm more outgoing and confident because of TTO. I would probably be really lonely and quiet if it had never been created.

Fabulous
01-01-2015, 10:03 PM
i would of had a very boring childhood if TTO didn't exist.

Emo Kitten
01-01-2015, 10:04 PM
i wouldnt have made it past highschool
and know how to match my denim skirts properly

Connor
01-01-2015, 10:07 PM
I probably would have been happier. The game brought me a lot of anxiety when I was younger because I always had to be better than everyone (in no way am i like this today) Also it's even making my life stressful now because I have old/new friendships creeping up on me and it's almost all too much.

Saphera
01-01-2015, 10:25 PM
I wouldnt be with my boyfriend since I met him on TTO and I probably would be in a very depressed state since this game has helped me through a lot of rough times. I wouldnt have the amazing friends I do today. wouldnt have the personality I do today and wouldnt of experienced all the opportunities from the forums without the game. Its quite scary to think how different our lives would be if TTO never existed.

Queen Petunia Wildfoot
01-01-2015, 10:35 PM
I honestly wouldn't be an artist really. The only reason I became an artist is because I wanted to draw my toons the way I saw them, and thought of them. I also wouldn't be able to tell who's a true friend and who's a fake friend. I would probably be in a bad spot because all of my old friends irl were all really bad people who made lots of bad decisions. Now I have good friends that when presented with a choice choose the right side.

I wouldn't be the person that I am today. I wouldn't be who I am right now if TTO never existed.

Purrfectly Impurrfect
01-01-2015, 10:37 PM
If it weren't for this game, I probably would be more active instead of sitting on a computer (let's be honest here lol). (chuckle)
But this game has taught me a lot. It's helped me mature more in a sense where I can comprehend more things, it taught me how to type fast, I learned better vocabulary and grammar, but most of all I've met so many wonderful people that understand and relate to me. Without this game, I'd probably feel really lonely and I probably wouldn't be very good in ELA tbh.(sun)

Lily
01-01-2015, 10:59 PM
I wouldn't have as many friends as I do now
and I probably would have gotten a job over summer instead of staying inside and playing toontown
but it was worth it, this game has made me much happier.

Mystical
01-01-2015, 11:01 PM
If it weren't for this game, I probably would be more active instead of sitting on a computer (let's be honest here lol). (chuckle)
But this game has taught me a lot. It's helped me mature more in a sense where I can comprehend more things, it taught me how to type fast, I learned better vocabulary and grammar, but most of all I've met so many wonderful people that understand and relate to me. Without this game, I'd probably feel really lonely.
Pretty much this tbh.

Lucas
01-01-2015, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't be alive. One friend I made through Toontown/Toontown Hall saved my life, and I'm so thankful.

Poisoned Paradise
01-02-2015, 04:10 AM
I'd probably have better grades and be more social.

Hope
01-02-2015, 04:17 AM
I wouldn't know my internet friends I know today.

Versae
01-02-2015, 04:43 AM
I'll say it again but a lot of my life would be different, moving across the country and being able to speak my mind and not care what people thought of me.

Silhouette
01-02-2015, 06:17 AM
I wouldn't know my internet friends I know today.
^ This

Vouleux
01-02-2015, 07:04 AM
My life would be a lot different. I got to learn about life playing an otherworldly game. I got to learn about friendship (yes, I played from a very young age) and make friends. Then came Hall and here, and I made so many friends and trusts that this is probably the only place I feel welcome. That was thanks to TTO.

If TTO never existed, I would've been some sort of psychotic maniac who hates everyone. Also, TTR wouldn't exist. (chuckle)

Azaellah
01-02-2015, 07:27 AM
If ToonTown Online never existed I would be quite a different person. ToonTown taught me that it was okay to be silly. I learned how to be myself and not allow other people's opinions to affect who I am. I learned how to draw. I learned loads about anatomy. I decided to start writing ToonTown stories, and I learned how to write. I learned better vocabulary and grammar. I stood up for those who were being greened and realized how important it is to take care of the people around you. Honestly, there is so much that I learned because of ToonTown, and if it never existed I wouldn't be the person that I am today.

Junehs
01-02-2015, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't be able to of meet my best friends (I met one phyiscally summer 2014). <3

Radical Rocket
01-02-2015, 11:31 AM
I honestly don't know.
I've never really thought or taken the time to think about that, but off the top of my head I would think I would probably be less social, and because of TT, it's almost like my entire character has changed. It's weird to think about I guess, but once I got back into the game, its like I took a complete flip in what I do and say.
I wouldn't have my friends that I do now, and I probably would be more active, doing sports. Instead, I stay on my computer. :P

Kaitlin
01-02-2015, 11:56 AM
If Toontown never existed for me, I would be probably hanging out more with my friends in real life and be on the computer for a max of 25 minutes per week. Toontown has changed my entire life. I've met so many new friends. If I haven't met one of them I wouldn't still be here at this second writing on this thread. I'm still here because of Doodle Helpers and my friends. Toontown was 25% of my life. Ever since it closed, it changed my entire life again. I've learn and grown out of this experience. I learned my pass mistakes and my right choices. I'll be carrying this game into my future hopefully and keep all of my memories. They're not worth letting go.

Delores Ancient
01-02-2015, 11:58 AM
It helped me socialize with people more, but it also kept me in my room for hours, which is the reason why I can't play TTR every single day. The game gave me adrenaline rushes to where I could stay up all night training and working my toons which is very unhealthy, but besides health issues the game always kept me happy. I wish it was around during the time I had my hard breakup. :shrug:

Rumor
01-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Honestly I don't think I would of gotten through my childhood without it.

Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle
01-02-2015, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't have met all the wonderful friends I have now and I can't imagine a life without any of them :heartbeat:

Master Prime
01-02-2015, 01:26 PM
I think my childhood would've been even worse. TTO actually calmed my nerves and kept me calm and distracted me from worrying about all those kids always picking on me in elementary school.

Evanescent Eternity
01-02-2015, 02:32 PM
I can't even imagine my life without ever having Toontown in it, honestly. I'd probably would have been more active and possibly would have gotten better grades, but game also led me to TTH, and TTH played a huge role in helping me get through some of my shyness. I'm still not exactly a social butterfly, but forum helped me learn to be OK with being myself, since it was a lot less scary to do so when I was behind the safety of a computer screen. And most importantly, I wouldn't have met any of the wonderful friends I've met from the game. They are really some of the most important people in my life and I truly can't picture going a day without any one of them.
My parents have always reminisced about what a good student or athlete I could have been if Toontown hadn't taken over my life, but for me, the benefits have always far outweighed the costs. :heartbounce:

One Noble Bunny
01-02-2015, 06:41 PM
If TTO never existed, I would never have met so many wonderful and amazing people from all over the world.

astra
01-02-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't like to think about what my life would be like if I never played TTO. It would be completely different, that's for sure.

I would probably still be in the closet because my friends on TTO gave me the courage to come out to my mom. I would've never met my girlfriend. I would still live in California. I would've never had the chance to make some of the greatest memories of my deceased aunt because she and I played TTO together. I wouldn't be vegan. I wouldn't be majoring in multimedia because my TTO friends encouraged me to try and edit videos.

One of the only negative things that happened because of the game is my internet addiction. It's affected my grades since 4th grade. I probably would have gone on to go to a good college instead of just a community college, but hey, at least I'm in school. (blush)

Mariel
01-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Idk man I might be a much different person. I don't wanna say that my life would be better or worse bc I think that if it wasn't Toontown that I got engrossed in, it would've been something else and who knows what that might've been.

Meowsy
01-02-2015, 08:59 PM
A big part of my childhood would have been gone. I stopped playing TTO awhile before it closed, but I was so happy when TTR was made, and I've started playing again. It makes me happy because I have so many good memories from TT throughout my life. It also gives me something to do, which I enjoy. I've made quite a few friends from this game too. I'd be sad if it never existed. I love ToonTown. :heartbeat:

Mehdiocre
01-02-2015, 11:21 PM
I probably would have been happier. The game brought me a lot of anxiety when I was younger because I always had to be better than everyone (in no way am i like this today) Also it's even making my life stressful now because I have old/new friendships creeping up on me and it's almost all too much.

I'm greatly sorry for this. This may not be much but I hope for the best of you.

I don't like to think about what my life would be like if I never played TTO. It would be completely different, that's for sure.

I would probably still be in the closet because my friends on TTO gave me the courage to come out to my mom. I would've never met my girlfriend. I would still live in California. I would've never had the chance to make some of the greatest memories of my deceased aunt because she and I played TTO together. I wouldn't be vegan. I wouldn't be majoring in multimedia because my TTO friends encouraged me to try and edit videos.

One of the only negative things that happened because of the game is my internet addiction. It's affected my grades since 4th grade. I probably would have gone on to go to a good college instead of just a community college, but hey, at least I'm in school. (blush)

I'm happy to see that it's made such a powerful impact on your life and for the better too.

Crazy Sparkleflip
01-02-2015, 11:34 PM
I would probably have better grades, but then again if I'm not playing Toontown I'm doing something else on the internet so I guess that doesn't help much... Unfortunately, I also never really made friends from Toontown (and still don't really have friends), and for those who I did become friends with, they all quit at some point so I don't have that social aspect to look forward to with Toontown...

I guess the biggest thing I wouldn't have if Toontown didn't exist is a boredom buster and/or stress reliever. Toontown usually relaxes me, although not always, and makes me forget about the real life things I need to deal with. And also, who wouldn't enjoy getting rid of stress by throwing pies at robots? It's a shame that I'm not online that often anymore due to school work and other real life things.

Bubbles Fizzleflip
01-03-2015, 12:40 AM
I would probably have more time to devote to my studies, my family, and my real life friends. But on the flip side, I wouldn't have met the amazing online friends I have now. I would have much more stress because I wouldn't have an outlet from real life stress. I wouldn't have met my best friend Julia who helped me through literally every obstacle in life in the past 2 years, and who I've met twice in real life. I'd probably also be much weaker as a person. Although there are so many nice people in the toontown community, there are also some mean and cruel people. Those people have made me a stronger person and taught me that it's okay to stand up for yourself. Last but not least, I'd probably be veeeeeery bored LOL.

Purretty
01-03-2015, 12:46 AM
This game has truly been my childhood. It started development the same time I was born, went into beta when I was old enough to play and read, and has reopened now that I'm almost in college and mature. I hope that the game remains with me for a while! No matter what I try to do with my time I always go back to Toontown...

lovely-little-witch
01-03-2015, 12:50 AM
When I first began to write this post, it was very long; a few paragraphs, even.
I've shortened it down to a few words, and here they are..

My life would've been better.

Flamin' Hot
01-03-2015, 01:00 AM
My life would of been better; mostly, it screwed me up. I've learned so many awful and horrid things, and became antisocial. (I would of later, but at least Id have friends) lol

Pitiful Purrfection
01-03-2015, 01:52 AM
I'd probably be over my depression, social anxiety, etc. Instead, I am now an adult still trapped in a 13 year old's mindset with these issues because I used the Internet to get away from real life far too much.

Laverne
01-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't know about the actual game, but without the forums I would be alone.

Zelda
01-04-2015, 12:37 PM
I'm going to be completely honest, and say I probably wouldn't be here right now if it never existed. The game helped me through so many times when things were bad, and the friends I've made on the game have kept me wanting to be here.

Adelaine
01-04-2015, 12:49 PM
Hmm well I would probably be really bored at 1am... I also would not have met the great friends that I have made throughout this game. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to meet some amazing people that always put a smile on my face. I have met my best friend through this game (Nick) and also someone who I know has my back and is like my sister (Anna). I am glad that I was introduced to the game and have no regrets throughout my time playing it.

Ali-Cat
01-27-2015, 03:36 PM
well one thing I'm sure of is that I wouldn't have such experiences like friendship, trust, love, all that. having trouble being social in real life, I doubt I'd ever have real friends. I remember taking a year break from Toontown; I was so lonely and depressed, with boredom so intense I'd have fits. then again I may have gotten over it sooner instead of using Toontown as a distraction from life. now I'm stuck here with my life 2 years behind, waiting for everything to become completely ruined.
i'm so depressing lol