PDA

View Full Version : Bad TTR Connection

Ali-Cat
03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
maybe 2 months ago or sometime in January, I guess something happened and it's made my internet connection really weak. it's tolerable since I usually just browse the internet, but I can barely play Toontown at all. I can't do any boss fights or anything because I disconnect easily and everything just kinda loads late?

http://i.gyazo.com/e90531b0682b81e3f6290dd1c9796ce5.gif
http://i.gyazo.com/2beb8a185ad3831d29ba68bc6d0e86f2.gif
http://i.gyazo.com/d66d7b02bf72db27a0857885b6faf173.gif
(I had to pause this gif to skip from 12 to 4 seconds left because it was taking so long)
as you see, it basically just freezes out of nowhere and then a few seconds later it all loads up at once, making me miss chat bubbles and such as well, so it's hard to communicate. people have been saying the servers have been down in general, but usually it doesn't look like this, which makes me think it's my own internet.
a few weeks after this first started, however, I restarted my computer and then it was fine for like a month until now, I had to switch to a substitute computer (computer troubles). it's my computer and my phone's WiFi that won't work, but everywhere else is fine, so I guess it has something to do with my room? I'm a room/hallway apart from the router, so maybe the walls are just interfering, but this is the first time it's happened, why suddenly?
may I add that I also got a new computer in November? it was custom built so it has some problems already (jacks/plugs not working), but I don't see how that could affect my whole room so ???
http://i.imgur.com/f4Bl80v.png
I appreciate any help

Princess Hulagadget
03-16-2015, 02:27 PM
Well something I noticed one time a few months ago, something TTR implemented that TTO did not, is what happens when your computer disconnects from your local internet for a few seconds. In TTO, you would disconnect pretty much 100% of the time. However one time in TTR, I suddenly started experiencing a really long lag wave while I was in a building. Some time into it, I noticed my computer's connection to my internet router seemed to have disconnected and I had to reconnect it. Eventually I reconnected back to my internet, and soon the lag wave ended and I was able to recontinue in TTR without having to completely disconnect and lose progress. So while the lag waves seem bad, they're better than disconnecting every time your weak internet decides to have a hissy fit. Most disconnects are on their end, even though it shouldn't be, but it seems whenever someone dcs, several others disconnect at the same time, and were likely in the same district. Anyway, I hope this information helps!

Ali-Cat
03-16-2015, 04:05 PM
Well something I noticed one time a few months ago, something TTR implemented that TTO did not, is what happens when your computer disconnects from your local internet for a few seconds. In TTO, you would disconnect pretty much 100% of the time. However one time in TTR, I suddenly started experiencing a really long lag wave while I was in a building. Some time into it, I noticed my computer's connection to my internet router seemed to have disconnected and I had to reconnect it. Eventually I reconnected back to my internet, and soon the lag wave ended and I was able to recontinue in TTR without having to completely disconnect and lose progress. So while the lag waves seem bad, they're better than disconnecting every time your weak internet decides to have a hissy fit. Most disconnects are on their end, even though it shouldn't be, but it seems whenever someone dcs, several others disconnect at the same time, and were likely in the same district. Anyway, I hope this information helps!

that's interesting, thank you
and I forgot to add that this literally happens every few seconds, so yeah no

OhSoHardcore
03-16-2015, 06:25 PM
This happened to me last week or the week before, just now I did a building on one of my smaller toons and I had absolutely no lag.

Hopefully it just disappears for you too, I understand how frustrating it can be! :deadhorse2:

Little Tom Jabbermonkey
04-02-2015, 11:18 AM
That has happened to me when my computer decides to overheat because I never let is shutdown, only restart (which doesn't help overheating).

But, your probably dealing with normal TTR stuff. Every week or two there are a couple bad days to play because of increased lag, crashes, etc. Once they realize this, they fix it and it's good the next day usually.

Try playing other games, are they slow too? Is nothing wrong with your computer? Do you play a lot? I suggest letting it shutdown for a good 5-10 hours (or when you sleep). :)

Hope
04-02-2015, 12:46 PM
This has happened to me before, but it's only normally when everyone else gets it too. That's awful and just... gross that it happens to you so often. I wouldn't play at all if I had that problem, kudos to you for putting up with it. Maybe email TTR about it? (if you haven't already)

Music
04-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Ugh this happens a lot to me, its not fun. Especially when you are low on laff and trying to regain it from the icecream/flowers/Starfish/etc.