PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bummed about having our TTR accounts reset when it officially opens?

Fozzie Bear
07-21-2014, 05:44 PM
It's such a waste of time doing so many tasks for nothing.

Flamin' Hot
07-21-2014, 05:45 PM
I thought it was going on a test server?

Legendary Black Kitten
07-21-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm just happy we're getting this chance to play our favorite game again. :angdevsmiley:

Gimme The Cereal Box
07-21-2014, 05:50 PM
I heard they are going on a test server so we can be the testers of the new things they add as the game goes on.

Avril
07-21-2014, 05:52 PM
I thought it was going on a test server?
Yes, it's going onto a test server. Even if it is, I'm kind of upset that I won't be able to keep Avril. I'm going to lose another maxed suit and all my hard work. Although, I like working toons, so it's not that big of a deal. I keep telling myself that they're going to change their mind lol.

Memory
07-21-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm bummed I can't keep Memory's stats because I've worked so hard on my suits and everything. But I believe the stats are getting transfered to a test server if I'm correct?

Emo Kitten
07-21-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm just happy we're getting this chance to play our favorite game again. :angdevsmiley:

:yeahthat: Honestly I'm glad we all get to start over at the same time. It's going to be awful to not have any invasions, though.

Maddy
07-21-2014, 06:05 PM

:yeahthat:
Well, I haven't gotten very far at all on my toon and probably wont get much further due to the fact that my computer is super slow - but yes I am pretty bummed that I won't get to keep my stats.

Taffy Ray
07-21-2014, 06:08 PM
i'm kind of half and half.. because if it does get transferred into a test server i probably won't use it much, which stinks, but i'm also glad that everyone starts over at the same time since it's fair and stuff. still... no invasions.. i'm sure we'll all be fine though hehe (f)

Kuitsuku
07-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I heard they were going on a test server but still, I enjoy working toons up and training gags. I don't think I would be that upset.

Bellissima
07-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Honestly I'm glad we all get to start over at the same time. It's going to be awful to not have any invasions, though.

:yeahthat:

I think it would be unfair to everyone who barely had a chance to play TTR during beta. Also, if you think it's a waste you can just wait until beta. :)

Sammich
07-21-2014, 08:23 PM
It is a little upsetting, but I am satisfied with just knowing I can keep playing Toontown! Besides, I always enjoy starting new toons so it won't be too bad.

Delores Ancient
07-21-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm excited that I get to test out the new features before they get released to the actual game, but working so hard on a toon that's not going to really mean much soon kinda bums me out. It kinda just makes me feel like it's to pass time for when TTR goes public, if that makes sense. Either way, I'm whatsoever not complaining at all. I'm sooooo glad that I finally have another chance to play the game again (like others said).

Frappuccino
07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Yes. Most definitely i am.
I mean i get why they are doing it, like to let everyone start from the same level and such. But its kinda disappointing I have to do all the same tasks again >_<

Vouleux
07-22-2014, 06:03 AM
If I had an account, then I wouldn't be upset.
It would be absolutely horrible to those who haven't played Beta yet. Playing Beta isn't much of a good reason to carry over your stats.

Laverne
07-22-2014, 09:47 AM
I've generally been taking things easy during Beta, so it's not much of a bother to me, but I can understand some peoples' frustration that their toon stats won't be carried into public release.

Person1022
07-22-2014, 12:31 PM
At least we got to play the game again :3. I think that everyone starting over at the same time is a good idea, it would mean more toons to help eachother out on Toontasks.

Nunchaku
07-22-2014, 01:08 PM
I wouldn't be upset if I had a Beta account. It's only expected because Beta testing isn't just about playing the game. It's about making the game the best it could possibly be and losing stats is the least you could do to help out the community. I think the TTR team made a fair decision of moving all the Beta toons to a test server once the game releases to the public. It's also fair for toons who weren't able to test during Alpha and Beta, so that's just my opinion.

Christopher
07-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Not really, they told us that going into testing. It isn't a big surprise. They are even being generous enough to let us keep our friends, I'm not going to ask for anything more.

IMO it wouldn't be fair for the people that didn't get to play much during Beta.

Candy Sparklemuffin
07-22-2014, 03:25 PM
I think it's fair that everyone has to start over. I'm glad I get to keep my toons, though.

astra
07-22-2014, 03:38 PM
It's such a waste of time doing so many tasks for nothing.
I think we all have to remember that TTR is in beta, so putting effort into doing tasks is definitely not for nothing. We are testers so it is our job to play the game. The more time we spend finding bugs in beta, the less time we will spend crashing once it opens. :P

Mariel
07-22-2014, 04:17 PM
It really doesn't bother me. Everyone is starting over and I'm kind of looking forward to that.

Mater
07-22-2014, 04:41 PM
I haven't played beta much (I just started DD), but I absolutely hate building up toons. I guess I can't complain though because I'm sure others have gotten a lot farther than I have.

Lost My Mittens
07-22-2014, 05:38 PM
ToonTown Central is going to be really crowded if everyone is starting at the same time !
:squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:: squee:

Unless.. Are they planning on making a lot more districts?
I like working in less populated districts. I run smoother c:

Mariel
07-23-2014, 01:51 AM
ToonTown Central is going to be really crowded if everyone is starting at the same time !
:squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee::squee:: squee:

Unless.. Are they planning on making a lot more districts?
I like working in less populated districts. I run smoother c:

They've been adding more districts to accommodate population swelling. For example, over the weekend when playtimes were extended to 6 hours and more playtimes were handed out the population swelled to over 1000 online at a time and I think three new districts were added. I didn't actually play much last weekend so idk any of this from experience, just hearsay.

Whenever they've added more playtimes or more people showed up cause beta key tasks, they always threw in more districts to accompany that population growth. I doubt they'd do anything less when open releases.

Lael
07-23-2014, 02:02 AM
I don't really mind starting over.

Jazz820
07-23-2014, 02:16 AM
I don't mind... Because TTR won't let me in the game so I haven't started

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jester
07-24-2014, 04:30 AM
i haven't played very much, so i'm glad that we'll be starting over. but i can't say i'm looking forward to going through TTC for the 384787th time :gasp:

Kaitlin
07-24-2014, 10:11 AM
they're going to a test server. But I'm so happy to play again <3

Joann
07-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey y'all.
Here's a post made by Sir Max last night: http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/2bk8bj/lets_talk_about_toon_resets/

astra
07-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Hey y'all.
Here's a post made by Sir Max last night: http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/2bk8bj/lets_talk_about_toon_resets/
Interesting!! Thank you for sharing. I replied with this:

Okay, I can't find out how to make my own comment because I'm a reddit noob so forgive me as I will have to reply to yours.

First of all, the majority of Toons do not have a beta key and therefore, most of them will say to reset our Toons because they want a "fair advantage." Beta testers who worked up their Toons would probably be against the reset, but they are of the minority, so their opinions would probably be drowned out by those who want the reset.

This is my opinion. I have a 104 laff Toon on TTR. Do I mind the reset? Not at all because I like working up Toons. However, it would certainly be nice to have my Toon on the Open server as she is now.

Here are my reasons on why I think a server reset is not beneficial whatsoever.

I've made a ton of friends. It would be great if Toons could be put on Open with all of their friends intact. If Toons were to be completely reset, finding my 100 friends on Open would be near impossible.

I don't understand the unfair advantage everyone is talking about. Toontown is and was always a game about teamwork. I already spend the majority of my time helping smaller Toons in TTR and that is exactly what I would do when it opens if I didn't have to work up another Toon. Like someone else said, if you joined TTO in later years, everyone still had bigger Toons. It's not like TTO reset everything every time a new Toon was made and we were all fine. There was no unfair advantage because the higher Toons worked up their Toons on their own time. If anything, I think the most unfair thing about the reset is that the higher Toons lose their hard work on Open.

It is most definitely NOT a competition. A lot of people like to treat it as such, but in the end, everyone ends up at the same Laff eventually. Resetting Toons encourages people to act like the game is nothing but a race. I have had bad issues with this when Beta first opened and everyone was a small Toon. A lot of people would rush others and tell them not to do things that take a longer time because they wanted to be high Laff sooner (i.e., discouraging training Lure at the top of a building). It really discourages teamwork and selflessness.

It would be nice to have big Toons to help little Toons out. I'm unsure of why people are so against this idea. I know my friends and I will love to see everyone pour in, pick some random Toons to help, and begin helping them out. Helping little Toons is my favorite thing to do on all versions of TT (I used to love jumping into the VP elevator on my big Toons in Nutty Summit and going with whoever followed).

That is all I can come up with. I hope you guys reconsider the reset. If not, like I said, I like working up new Toons so I wouldn't mind it at all.

Best regards,
Riot

Jester
07-24-2014, 03:03 PM
riot, you pose some good points on reddit there!! now that you got me thinking about it, it actually wouldn't be bad at all if the reset didn't go through. :eek: i guess at first i was seeing it as a competition like many others, and got clouded by envy that i haven't been able to work up my toons very far in the game yet :sweat2:.

gracenightgem
07-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Personally I'm glad they are debating on what to do. Since I play late at night most often--or will when the game opens, sometimes its hard to find people to help. When I play during the day or early evening its usually not a problem So for me, I wanna keep my bump-a-lump if i can. But i'll take it either way.

whiskersnoop
07-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Idk about you guys but I'm so excited about TTR! I played almost all day today because for some reason.. I wasn't kicked off after 3 hours. lol
But how do you all feel about stats being reset when the game officially is open..?
I don't know what to think about it honestly.:shrug::shrug: