PDA

View Full Version : CEO's Bad Hitbox Discovery

MatthewH
10-13-2015, 06:19 AM
I don't know what the proper word should be for the CEO's problem, so I am just calling it the hitbox since some attacks just go through him and he won't take damage from them. Ever notice how your seltzer attacks sometimes go through the CEO and he won't take damage? This is likely due to a wonky hitbox or bad collision detection with the seltzer that the CEO has. It's been happening a lot more often to me and others.

However, if you try to attack the back of the CEO with the perfect length, the attack will hit every time and not go through him. With this knowledge, Clark and I have discovered that seltzer round solos are now possible in 13-14 minutes just by attacking behind him the entire time. This time can be compared to an average / slightly below average CEO group with 8 toons. I personally got a time of 14:07, however, it was an offline solo. I've noted that the wonky hitbox also exists in TTR as well when you try to hit the CEO from the front or a side. Hopefully this problem can be fixed in the near future.

Solo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmv08f-qcbg

Little Tom Jabbermonkey
10-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Interesting, I have noticed this as well. Thanks for the tip. :check:

Libby
10-13-2015, 09:11 AM
Yeah I've noticed this and sometimes it can be kind of annoying. But that's interesting, thanks for sharing! :) I hope they'll fix the problem soon as well because I feel like it would definitely cut off a fraction of the time spent in the CEO/seltzer round, especially with inexperienced Toons.

bongopop
10-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Interesting! I always thought i just missed cause while the seltzer bottle range goes straight, the ceo moves in any direction so i just thought i missed guess not! xd

Allison
10-13-2015, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the tip! I remember having this problem even in TTO years ago, so it's good to finally know a way to get around it!

Athena
10-13-2015, 02:04 PM
Sorry, already knew this. :dummy::nanagirl:

Clark
10-14-2015, 11:25 PM
Video Proof of 5 2s in one table cycle with Matt and I's new strategy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vI8ZBtt4BU

Clark
11-13-2015, 03:29 PM
With this I've gotten 13:56 in a solo seltzer round... Crazy

Princess Hulagadget
11-30-2015, 07:42 PM
One thing I don't understand is how is it that the CEO never goes for you, whether you leave the table or not? I was trying to solo last Saturday's Hungry Hippo challenge, and every time I got the CEO in a place similar to in these two videos, it wouldn't be long before he'd start turning around, and even though I left the table right away, he continued turning around and sat on my table. It was frustrating that I could never get him to stay in one place for too long. How is it that this never happened in these videos???

MatthewH
12-01-2015, 01:41 AM
One thing I don't understand is how is it that the CEO never goes for you, whether you leave the table or not? I was trying to solo last Saturday's Hungry Hippo challenge, and every time I got the CEO in a place similar to in these two videos, it wouldn't be long before he'd start turning around, and even though I left the table right away, he continued turning around and sat on my table. It was frustrating that I could never get him to stay in one place for too long. How is it that this never happened in these videos???

In the code, at random, the CEO can decide to stop and aim golf balls toward you when you hop off a table.

Clark
12-14-2015, 07:50 PM

In simple terms, the CEO has intervals between each attack, as long as you're off a table when he attacks he must use fore or a single target golf attack. The strategy is to hop on the table right when he does an attack then hop off when he's about to do his next one, you have about 6 seconds between each attack so basically squirt as many times as you can in 6 seconds then jump off the table.

Joestoon
12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Nice find!