PDA

View Full Version : CJ stunning

Anatidaephobic
10-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Back on TTO, I'd say that for a good 99% of the non-bonus-weight CJs I would do, the preferred stunning method would be for the stun toons to remain in the stun line throughout the battle. On TTR, that seems to have changed, and almost everyone heads to the pan once a stun has been achieved.

What is your preferred method / what do you believe is the most effective?

Personally I always thought that it was more beneficial to continue stunning. Having two extra toons pan is probably cancelled out by half the team being on the floor during half the stun time, since many are not very good at dodging.

Flamin' Hot
10-30-2015, 01:01 PM
I used to continuously stun, and I do it occasionally when I don't feel like doing the pan.

I can see why most prefer it, mostly due to there is no real reason to stun once bonus weight is achieved

I do also do it to make people hit the pan more due to evidence flying around everywhere.

It just overal depends on my mood how I wanna stun.

Libby
10-30-2015, 01:17 PM
I think it just makes the CJ faster overall because it makes the scale round take less time when the whole team is throwing evidence at the scale. I think it also has to do with the fact that we now know exactly when the Cogs are eligible for the stun bonus, and most people would rather lose Laff than have the CJ battle take longer because some people are stunning when a bonus is not possible. Personally, I don't like things to take longer than they should, so usually when I stun, I hit the pan when we get a bonus and until the cooldown timer runs out, and most others I've seen have done the same.

Lacy
10-30-2015, 06:06 PM
I like lob to 3rd and always run to the pan during cool down since it's hard and imo unrewarding to keep 8 cogs stunned alone. Stunning is one of my favorite things to do on ttr though and I always stun unless someone else insists on soloing.
Idk about trio stunning but I think it's definitely worth sacrificing 1 panner or even 2 for a short time every minute if there isn't a soloer on the team in order to get constant boosts and double weight periods.

Tanner
10-30-2015, 06:37 PM
If I stun i dont want to spend time hitting the pan even if i have double evidence bc the cj annoys me

Starstorm
10-30-2015, 06:40 PM
I used to be able to duo stun with somebody because i used to be able to hit 4 cogs in a row, in a CJ, but on TTR, the lag is so bad i can't stun worth a thing.

Patrick
10-30-2015, 07:34 PM
I usually go back to stunning right after the bonus weight timer ends. There's a glitch in TTR that can make a single evidence shot pierce through several cogs. If you get a good angle, you can stun 8 cogs in one shot, from either end.