PDA

View Full Version : CEO Tables

Lacy
02-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Just a random question that popped into my head. I saw a toon in a CEO once be like, "don't use the middle tables!!" which left me somewhat confused bc imo they're quite effective.

Do you prefer to use a corner table, use an edge table, use a center table, or run from table to table? Why do you prefer that?

I always like to use a center table bc imo I can help the team so much more like that. I much prefer to spam -2 shots because from one table away it's so much more efficient because it's harder to miss from close and it's easy to time unlike those -6s that give you what feels like next to no time. Also, someone on a center table will probably cause more damage than people on corner tables so they'll attract the CEO's attacks much more frequently and freeze him in place near the middle of the battlefield, giving wide open shots to everyone else as well as keeping them safer from attacks.

Of course it's easier to get hit (I generally finish with an average laff of 30-40ish, someone more skilled could probably dance a lot more comfortably) due to Fores and stuff but imo it's worth it. When I get below 16 laff I retreat to a corner table to stay safe and make sure I survive but as long as I'm attentive when this time comes it's not an issue to just play it safe from there.

If both center tables are open I'll alternate between them to keep the CEO as close as possible, unless he's frozen at a far corner table - if he's not moving, sometimes I'll send a -6 shot over to get the CEO close again.

At ELCS CEO though I always go for corner tables in the interest of preserving my laff.

Bellissima
02-04-2016, 09:26 PM
i go for the middle one of the outside tables. i don't have a particular reason, i've just always gone for that one. sometimes i switch from various tables if he decides to sit on my table

Anything Goes
02-04-2016, 09:28 PM
i have a whole 1 ceo under my belt and i just run around from table to table since idk what im doing

Libby
02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
I typically take a corner/end table. I generally run to one of the farther back tables, but I tend to rotate a lot.

Reality
02-04-2016, 09:42 PM
Maybe it's just because I've done a grand total of one CEO since TTO closed but I honestly don't see a strategic advantage in any one table or set of tables. The CEO usually runs over the table I'm using anyways. :P

Athena
02-04-2016, 09:46 PM
Edge or corner tables. I hate middle tables because of potential collision glitches and I have a harder time dodging attacks.

TwizzlerQueen
02-04-2016, 09:49 PM
i like any table, all tables deserve equality

Miss Zany Thunderhopper
02-04-2016, 10:15 PM
So, I like to run around in a triangle, which means i need 3 tables (in a triangle), and I don't mind if there's another person in my triangle, but there can't be 3 of us (obviously) because then it wouldn't work. Anyways, I like doing short shots because saving for -6 doesn't work half the time when he does 4s and then sometimes I space out and miss it anyways. So if I'm in a traingle, chances are he's right next to me and I can spam short shots. :grin:

MoonLightRiver
02-04-2016, 10:17 PM
Tables that are closest to CEO when hes near the fireplace and furthest away when hes in the table area

Mariel
02-04-2016, 10:50 PM
You make a lot of good points, Joey! I prefer to use corner tables. The biggest problem with middle tables is you're putting yourself at a much greater risk. If the CEO uses fore, you may be able to dodge the fore that was aimed at you but not the fore that was aimed at the person behind you. Thus, you get hit. If the CEO is charging, you may not have enough time to get off before he runs right over your table and onto the person he was targeting behind you. I think if you have people in your group who are golfing, you should try middle tables once his treads are super red. The risk is greatly decreased and, like you said, you are able to do more damage spamming twos (because you're generally closer to the CEO) than you are charging up.

Generally, I never recommend using middle tables. Getting everyone out alive > getting most but not all people out fast. I've seen you play Joey so I know you're a little bit better at dodging than the average joe. (I didn't realize the coincidence until I had written it and now im laughing)

Lacy
02-04-2016, 11:15 PM
You make a lot of good points, Joey! I prefer to use corner tables. The biggest problem with middle tables is you're putting yourself at a much greater risk. If the CEO uses fore, you may be able to dodge the fore that was aimed at you but not the fore that was aimed at the person behind you. Thus, you get hit. If the CEO is charging, you may not have enough time to get off before he runs right over your table and onto the person he was targeting behind you. I think if you have people in your group who are golfing, you should try middle tables once his treads are super red. The risk is greatly decreased and, like you said, you are able to do more damage spamming twos (because you're generally closer to the CEO) than you are charging up.

Generally, I never recommend using middle tables. Getting everyone out alive > getting most but not all people out fast. I've seen you play Joey so I know you're a little bit better at dodging than the average joe. (I didn't realize the coincidence until I had written it and now im laughing)

Definitely a very fair point Dan!

Middle tables are definitely very high risk, I don't deny that. Through practice one could definitely learn to hop off, turn around, and try to run into a space where no Fore will go but sometimes there is absolutely zero space that's accessible in the short timeframe you have to run before the CEO fires so you take a hit. Charging is definitely the hardest issue (not necessarily most dangerous) to deal with as a middle table user imo. If you hop off the table when the CEO is juuuust a litte bit away from your table, you and a few others have wide open shots from very close and can spam the CEO but it's easy to lose laff by having the CEO run right over you or bump into you as he plows to the next table. It happens.

Although I agree that getting everyone out alive is more important than speed, I don't think it's all that risky when it comes to dying (provided the person is attentive and has some idea of what they're doing). I wouldn't take a middle table if I'm 1 hit from going sad but if I have 100+ laff points to work with, why not make the most of it?

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention, I think it's a lot more fun to be in a center table and fire in all directions, it takes more concentration and is generally a lot more enjoyable to me than camping out in a corner and rolling off -4s and -6s. Also, I enjoy an engaging CEO where I end up dancing at low laff (my last CEO I finished at 8 laff I believe, lost 125 during the battle but some of it was just me messing up, not the table's fault) more than coasting to a longer CEO where I know dying is unlikely. At least for me it brings some life into the long Bossbot journey!

and Dan the secret lies in the y at the end of my name

Mariel
02-04-2016, 11:25 PM
Definitely a very fair point Dan!

Middle tables are definitely very high risk, I don't deny that. Through practice one could definitely learn to hop off, turn around, and try to run into a space where no Fore will go but sometimes there is absolutely zero space that's accessible in the short timeframe you have to run before the CEO fires so you take a hit. Charging is definitely the hardest issue (not necessarily most dangerous) to deal with as a middle table user imo. If you hop off the table when the CEO is juuuust a litte bit away from your table, you and a few others have wide open shots from very close and can spam the CEO but it's easy to lose laff by having the CEO run right over you or bump into you as he plows to the next table. It happens.

Although I agree that getting everyone out alive is more important than speed, I don't think it's all that risky when it comes to dying (provided the person is attentive and has some idea of what they're doing). I wouldn't take a middle table if I'm 1 hit from going sad but if I have 100+ laff points to work with, why not make the most of it?

Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention, I think it's a lot more fun to be in a center table and fire in all directions, it takes more concentration and is generally a lot more enjoyable to me than camping out in a corner and rolling off -4s and -6s. Also, I enjoy an engaging CEO where I end up dancing at low laff (my last CEO I finished at 8 laff I believe, lost 125 during the battle but some of it was just me messing up, not the table's fault) more than coasting to a longer CEO where I know dying is unlikely. At least for me it brings some life into the long Bossbot journey!

and Dan the secret lies in the y at the end of my name

Now see for me, I like to see if I can go the whole CEO without getting hit. It's not often I successfully achieve this but it's how I engage!! You are correct to say that the risk is minimal. However, some individuals start freaking out when their laff gets low, start camping out by the snacks or begging for a toon up unite.

Your post has motivated me to be more mindful of the middle tables. I will definitely be looking to use their supreme damaging power to my advantage in future CEOs!!

Also, now that I know the source of your power, I'm going to call you Joe. Now you will never beat me at ELCS. (-:

Princess Hulagadget
02-04-2016, 11:46 PM
I prefer to golf until he has red treads, and when he does I'll take a corner (or extra if more than 1 slip) table preferably, mostly because I like trying not to get hit.

Tanner
02-05-2016, 12:12 AM
i liked the corner tables bc when you jump off theres less direction for him to follow you & hurt you. also you can back straight up w/o running into another table and you just ultimately get the quickest escape

Jojo
02-05-2016, 12:59 AM
I like corner tables because if he goes after you and just get off in time he can't just keep going and crush you, he stops when he's on your table

AquaCat
02-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Just as a pointer, I hate when people use middle tables because you block other people from hitting the CFO. You're literally right in our aim of fire. Don't do that! Corner tables rule.

Mariel
02-05-2016, 03:31 AM
Just as a pointer, I hate when people use middle tables because you block other people from hitting the CFO. You're literally right in our aim of fire. Don't do that! Corner tables rule.

You can aim a little bit to the side of the person in your way and still hit the CEO, but yes it does complicate things.

AquaCat
02-05-2016, 11:40 AM
still hit the CEO

Definitely not when he's about to move. Plus, I have extreme lag during anything CEO related so whenever I even slightly tap my right or left arrow keys, I end up aiming at the other side of the earth on accident so it really doesn't work for a majority of people who experience any sort of framerate lag

Stereo Hearts
02-05-2016, 03:11 PM
the last time I did a CEO was in like 2013 but I think I used the corner table on the right that's closest to the food because my toon is really fat

Poisoned Paradise
02-05-2016, 03:54 PM
if there's more than 8 tables i usually follow him around if there's a table that's not being used and hit him with -2 shots. i feel like if you're really close to him you can get way more than 3 -2 shots in the time it takes to get one -6. if there isn't an empty table i'll just try to get a middle one.

RevivalReggie
02-05-2016, 10:04 PM
Mostly the corner! I can attack more and less being run over by CEO and the middle isn't that safe unless you love being risky and brave toon.

Starstorm
02-05-2016, 10:17 PM
It depends on how much laff I have which is normally pretty high in 116 case and where others are going.
but i normally get the center front table or a corner table to then go around as I see fit. But in ELCS I take a different method (you'll never know my secret)

Pitiful Purrfection
02-06-2016, 03:09 AM
I always go to the close left corner table from when you finish the cogs. Not really any particular reason, just a habit I guess. I wouldn't mind using any other table. However, I do like to go to the middle tables when the CEO is really close to one so I can spam -2s.

treesaw
02-06-2016, 06:04 AM
I generally only run 2 toons in CEO and rarely will I take only one toon into CEO. Normally I do prefer corner tables, but I voted other..
Since I'm normally on two what is more important to me than a corner/edge table though is that my toons are opposite of each other.
This makes it much easier for me to maneuver my toons and keep them on mirror mode of multi toons which allows me to use 1 hand
instead of on the multi mode where I have to use both hands. :p I generally do a lot of switching between the two modes either way
but I just find it much easier when my toons are directly opposite of each other. :highfive:

Edit: I do tend to prefer the edge/corner tables but I don't mind a middle if that is the only thing left. As long as my toons are opposite of each other
I really don't care too much. Maybe it's just me having an OCD moment but I just have to be opposite of the other toon. lol.
But the one thing I really can't stand is table switching, and stealing. Pick a table and stay there, if there are extra tables and you're going to switch
around, fine but do NOT steal someone else table. Table stealing is NOT OKAY. I tend to just leave my toon standing there by the table until the
toon who stole my table is forced off so I can take it back if someone steals my table, because if I was to go and try to find another table I would have to
then go and steal someone else's table for my other toon to be opposite of the toon I just had to move. And I'm really not ok with stealing someone else's table
so I'd rather just stand and do nothing on one toon until the other person gives back what they stole.

Kaitlin
02-08-2016, 08:00 PM
corner tables!

CollideWithTheSky
08-11-2016, 07:24 AM
I always try and get a corner table, however, if there's someone in the group who doesn't know how to do the CEO or it's their first time, I'll give up my table for them and I'll just take whatever table is free

Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle
08-11-2016, 07:45 AM
I usually run for the closest center edge table to where the toons start at. I used to go for the right corner by the snacks but I find many people also run for those corners. I usually have a better chance grabbing that center edge. If I don't get that one I'd prefer to get one of the edges by the fireplace vs the middle.

Princess Wacky Dandywhip
08-11-2016, 01:27 PM
I honestly just pick whatever table is closest to me at the time.

Frequency
08-11-2016, 03:53 PM
I take whatever table is near me, but I do prefer the centered tables.

OhSoHardcore
08-11-2016, 04:08 PM
I prefer the corner or edge tables.

Mystical
08-11-2016, 06:15 PM
I usually go for corner tables.

TrixieThePinkCat
08-11-2016, 07:42 PM
For me, Corner tables are the best, followed by edge tables. But to be honest, all tables are great; it all depends on how good you are while using seltzer in CEO.