1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pajama Place - Thread: Playing TTR via Crossover on OS X

Pajama Place - Playing TTR via Crossover on OS X

It is unfortunately taking quite a while to fix TTR for OS X.

Your choices are ultimately limited. You can compile it yourself in Wine, but playing with 5 FPS is ridiculous. You could also use a Virtual Machine and run it on there, or even by using Bootcamp, but who wants to spend so much time doing that? You can just wait for the development team to fix it, but you miss your Toons too much. Crossover is, by far, the easiest and simplest way to play TTR until it's all fixed up by the team.

Please note that Toontown Rewritten does not officially support using Crossover. That means I'm just telling this to you player-to-player, comprende?

You can download a free Crossover trial here. Just set up a name and an email. The trial lasts for a good 14 days.

While that's installing, please go right on over to the Toontown Rewritten website and download a Windows launcher.

When Crossover opens up, you'll want to click "Install a Windows Application". Click Installer -> Choose Installer File -> and then select the Windows TTR launcher. Make sure the launcher file you select ends with .exe. It'll ask you to input a name. Just put in "Toontown Rewritten" and click "Unlisted application".

Follow the instructions to install the launcher. When it asks you to choose an installation location, make a new file on "My Mac Desktop" so that it's easily accessible. If all goes well, Crossover will say that it was successful and then go to a screen where you can select Windows applications.

Go ahead and click on the TTR application (not the installer, of course) and log in. After it's done installing all of the TTR files to that new folder on your desktop, you should be thrown right into TTR.

The only bug I've found with this so far is in regards to logging into an account that has two-step authentication on it (and perhaps ToonGuard as well).

Please note that this might not work on every Mac computer. Let me know if it works for you!

Thank you for this! I'll be looking into this when I can.

ive tried to use this before & every time i do it just launches a plain white screen with the music in the background

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Paradise View Post
      ive tried to use this before & every time i do it just launches a plain white screen with the music in the background
      Have you tried another bottle? The default is Windows XP, but it may help if you change it to Windows 7 or 8. It's worth a shot, at least.

You can do this by clicking "Install a Windows Application" and then selecting a different bottle after you've chosen an installation file.

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post

Have you tried another bottle? The default is Windows XP, but it may help if you change it to Windows 7 or 8. It's worth a shot, at least.

You can do this by clicking "Install a Windows Application" and then selecting a different bottle after you've chosen an installation file.
      this pops up when it gets done with the ttr installation wizard or whatever:

i selected windows 8 i think so idk if it's going to work (it's still loading), but idk why that keeps popping up.

this pops up when it gets done with the ttr installation wizard or whatever:

i selected windows 8 i think so idk if it's going to work (it's still loading), but idk why that keeps popping up.
      Does that pop up when you install it with a Windows XP bottle as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post

Does that pop up when you install it with a Windows XP bottle as well?
      yes
      just as an update it still didn't work
      Last edited by Poisoned Paradise; 07-10-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Blog Entries
      It's not only the music that works, everything works normally but you just can't see what your doing

Quote Originally Posted by bananagrooven View Post
      It's not only the music that works, everything works normally but you just can't see what your doing
      oh yeah i forgot to mention that. i can see the cursor & click on my toon and I hear the noise but it just stays white.

That stinks. I suppose it works fine for some but not for others. Out of curiosity, what are your computer's specs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast