1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Loopy Lane - Thread: Having Mac trouble? Try these fixes.

Loopy Lane - Having Mac trouble? Try these fixes.

It is known that Mac players are having trouble playing the game. Whether you crash randomly or you can't even log into the game, here are some solutions that have been helping others.

1. Turn Off Your Toontown Sounds

The reason why Mac players are crashing is because the Toontown sound effects and music are currently bugged. You should turn these off within your Schticker Book in order to play.

2. Anti-Aliasing Fix

With the Toontown Rewritten launcher open and selected, click the button that says "Game" at the top of your screen and enable anti-aliasing. Try to log into the game.

If that doesn't work, please go on to fix #3.

3. Replace Your TTRGame.vlt File

Download this file. It's a copy of my TTRGame.vlt file. Sometimes the TTRGame files don't work when you download them from the launcher and you have to use someone else's.

After it's installed, click on your desktop and hit Command+Shift+G on your keyboard. Type the following into the field and press enter: ~/Library/Application Support/Toontown Rewritten

Drag and drop the new TTRGame.vlt file you've just downloaded into the Toontown Rewritten file that pops up. Replace the old TTRGame.vlt file.

If that doesn't work, please go on to fix #4.

4. Replace Your Settings.json File

Download this file. It's a copy of a Settings.json file with all of the Toontown sounds shut off.

Follow the instructions to fix #3, but download, drag, drop, and then replace the Settings.json file instead.

5. Uninstall and Reinstall Everything

Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support and delete the Toontown Rewritten folder and then try to log into the game. Keep in mind that this deletes your screenshots, so if you want to keep the screenshots folder, you'll have to save it elsewhere before deleting the Toontown Rewritten folder.

If that doesn't work, you can also delete every Toontown Launcher on your system as well. After that, reinstall the launcher and try to launch the game.

6. Replace Your Toontown Folder

Replace your Toontown Rewritten folder with a copy of mine, which you can download here.

To replace it, download the .zip file provided and then double click on it to extract it. It should turn into a folder named Toontown Rewritten. If it doesn't, just rename it.

Then you'll want to navigate to ~/Library/Application Support and drag the new Toontown Rewritten file and replace the other one. Make sure you replace it, otherwise it won't work.

Again, this deletes your screenshots. If you want to keep your screenshots, move the screenshots folder within your current Toontown Rewritten folder to another location before replacing the file.

If all else fails...

7. Play Toontown Rewritten via Crossover

You can view my guide to Crossover here.

Please feel free to post questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability! Remember to make sure MacOS is updated to the most recent version.
      Last edited by Allison; 11-10-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Updating a link

are any of these going to get fixed though.. like it's been over a month lol.
      thanks for these fixes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Paradise View Post
      are any of these going to get fixed though.. like it's been over a month lol.
      thanks for these fixes though.
      They'll be fixed in the future (hopefully with the next update).

The majority of the issues stem from the technical debt that we have built up over the years (made something, only to find out it doesn't work forever, or doesn't scale properly) which makes fixing issues that seem trivial a lot harder than one might think. In particular, the sound issue is much deeper of an issue (it goes all the way back to Panda3D's engine and an open-sourced library called OpenAL, things that we don't maintain) that can take time to track down. A lot of the team members also have other responsibilities outside of TTR. Taking everything into consideration... things may not be instantly fixed like people wish for, and it can take time to track these issues down.

Thank you for posting these fixes I will try them. As I have posted before, I am able to log on TTR but even with my TTR sounds off my toon freezes- my whole computer freezes and I have to force shut it. I took my computer to the Apple Store twice to make sure it wasn't just my computer with the problem, the first time they suggested upgrading the RAM (I have a 4 gb comp and with anti-aliasing, since anti-aslising uses up so much memory my memory was going over 4 gb and thats why they said it was crashing). I upgraded the RAM to 8 gb and still continued to have the same problem,opening up the activity log showed that I was going anywhere near 8 gb when I froze. I took my computer to the Apple Store again, and it passed the diagnostic tests. They were pretty much convinced that because TTR is a Beta game that the freezing must be a bug. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix besides getting a new computer please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
      Thank you for posting these fixes I will try them. As I have posted before, I am able to log on TTR but even with my TTR sounds off my toon freezes- my whole computer freezes and I have to force shut it. I took my computer to the Apple Store twice to make sure it wasn't just my computer with the problem, the first time they suggested upgrading the RAM (I have a 4 gb comp and with anti-aliasing, since anti-aslising uses up so much memory my memory was going over 4 gb and thats why they said it was crashing). I upgraded the RAM to 8 gb and still continued to have the same problem,opening up the activity log showed that I was going anywhere near 8 gb when I froze. I took my computer to the Apple Store again, and it passed the diagnostic tests. They were pretty much convinced that because TTR is a Beta game that the freezing must be a bug. If anyone has any suggestions on a fix besides getting a new computer please let me know!
      I've heard a lot of people have been having this same issue, and some of them were able to get it fixed by either reinstalling TTR completely using AppCleaner or by completely resetting their OS (which is the more common fix). If you're okay with deleting everything and doing a recovery to a clean OS, that might fix it. You can do a Time Machine backup of your documents and stuff, maybe just leave out Preferences in case something in there is causing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post

I've heard a lot of people have been having this same issue, and some of them were able to get it fixed by either reinstalling TTR completely using AppCleaner or by completely resetting their OS (which is the more common fix). If you're okay with deleting everything and doing a recovery to a clean OS, that might fix it. You can do a Time Machine backup of your documents and stuff, maybe just leave out Preferences in case something in there is causing the issue.
      isn't "resetting your OS" borderline absurd? Do you have any technical reason to believe this is indeed necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
      isn't "resetting your OS" borderline absurd? Do you have any technical reason to believe this is indeed necessary?
      I'm a Support team member for TTR, and a lot of people who have emailed in haven't been successful using any of our other troubleshooting steps. I've gotten emails back a week later saying that they just reinstalled OS X on their computers and haven't had any issues since then. It's an extreme step, yes, but if somebody doesn't mind starting from scratch, it may be the only option to fix the freezing for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post

Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
      I don't think it's absurd, she is just saying that some people have tried it and it has fixed their issue. It's just like losing weight, you can work out and eat right or you can have surgery to have the fat taken out of you. They both solve the same problem with different pros and cons. I know that comparison is a little absurd itself but it's just the best way to explain that just different things work for different people.

Could these solutions also be applied to windows computers? My brother plays a lot on his computer and he constantly does crash when he enters streets, exits cog buildings, teleports to a friend etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Cheezygadget View Post
      Could these solutions also be applied to windows computers? My brother plays a lot on his computer and he constantly does crash when he enters streets, exits cog buildings, teleports to a friend etc.
      No, these solutions are Mac exclusive since these specific errors happen only on Macs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast