1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Loopy Lane - Thread: Having Mac trouble? Try these fixes.

what about the chat lag is that something only macs have or is it other issues

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post

I'm a Support team member for TTR, and a lot of people who have emailed in haven't been successful using any of our other troubleshooting steps. I've gotten emails back a week later saying that they just reinstalled OS X on their computers and haven't had any issues since then. It's an extreme step, yes, but if somebody doesn't mind starting from scratch, it may be the only option to fix the freezing for now.
      LOL one of those people that emailed you was me - James

Quote Originally Posted by Riot View Post
      It is known that Mac players are having trouble playing the game. Whether you crash randomly or you can't even log into the game, here are some solutions that have been helping others.

1. Turn Off Your Toontown Sounds

The reason why Mac players are crashing is because the Toontown sound effects and music are currently bugged. You should turn these off within your Schticker Book in order to play.

2. Anti-Aliasing Fix

With the Toontown Rewritten launcher open and selected, click the button that says "Game" at the top of your screen and enable anti-aliasing. Try to log into the game.

If that doesn't work, please go on to fix #3.

3. Replace Your TTRGame.vlt File

Download this file. It's a copy of my TTRGame.vlt file. Sometimes the TTRGame files don't work when you download them from the launcher and you have to use someone else's.

After it's installed, click on your desktop and hit Command+Shift+G on your keyboard. Type the following into the field and press enter: ~/Library/Application Support/Toontown Rewritten

Drag and drop the new TTRGame.vlt file you've just downloaded into the Toontown Rewritten file that pops up. Replace the old TTRGame.vlt file.

If that doesn't work, please go on to fix #4.

4. Replace Your Settings.json File

Download this file. It's a copy of a Settings.json file with all of the Toontown sounds shut off.

Follow the instructions to fix #3, but download, drag, drop, and then replace the Settings.json file instead.

If all else fails...

5. Play Toontown Rewritten via Crossover

You can view my guide to Crossover here.

Please feel free to post questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability! Remember to make sure OS X is updated to the most recent version.
      Riot I would like to thank you for helping me solve the mac issue what made my game work was turning on anti aliasing, I would also like to thank Allision for doing his/her best to help me also with these mac issues I recommend trying number 2 if you get a white toontown launcher screen and it says that it has stopped responding, Thanks! ~James
      Last edited by astra; 08-19-2016 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Site rule violation

Quote Originally Posted by irritated View Post
      what about the chat lag is that something only macs have or is it other issues
      The chat lag is not Mac related.

Is there a way to play if you are on OS Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
      Hey, sorry for the late response! We don't support Sierra right now.

I'm having constant crashes and I'm not using a mac. Just Windows 8 PC... sent in log files too. Wish they'd fix this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
      Just letting you all know that TTR is now compatible with MacOS Sierra.

I've updated the post with two new techniques that have helped others log into the game.

Bumping this up because we've been receiving a lot of reports from Mac users who are unable to log on since the latest update! If you are receiving an error message after logging in that says "There was an issue getting you into Toontown. If the problem persists, please contact Toontown Rewritten Support.", try to download this folder of Toontown Rewritten files. Make sure that you click on "Download through my browser" so you don't need to install anything! Once the download is complete, double click on it to unzip the folder, and then replace your current Toontown Rewritten folder contents with the contents of that folder. Make sure to delete all of the files in your Toontown Rewritten folder before replacing them with the ones from that download.

Quote Originally Posted by Allison View Post
      Bumping this up because we've been receiving a lot of reports from Mac users who are unable to log on since the latest update! If you are receiving an error message after logging in that says "There was an issue getting you into Toontown. If the problem persists, please contact Toontown Rewritten Support.", try to download this folder of Toontown Rewritten files. Make sure that you click on "Download through my browser" so you don't need to install anything! Once the download is complete, double click on it to unzip the folder, and then replace your current Toontown Rewritten folder contents with the contents of that folder. Make sure to delete all of the files in your Toontown Rewritten folder before replacing them with the ones from that download.
      Also keep in mind that this folder won't work once the game updates again. If you have the same issues after an update, please let me know and I can upload a new version of my TTR folder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast