Toontown Rewritten News - Tom's Toontorials: Hotkeys and Shortcuts
Posted by Tutorial Tom on December 10, 2016 03:00 PM
Hi there! It's your old pal, Toontorial Tom. My oh my, have some of you come a long way since I last saw you. I'm still in the Tutorial business, you see, and I've got another fantastic Toontorial here for you. Today's topic is on Hotkeys and Shortcuts that can help you navigate Toontown like a professional.
You may know how to move and jump, but you can do a whole lot more if you know the right buttons to push. I've organized TOON TIPS into different categories to help you become the most knowledgeable Toon around!
For the Photographers:
- F9 will take a screenshot! You can access them in your Shtickerbook.
- F3 will hide all GUI on the screen, which is useful if you want to take a screenshot for a background or avatar without the clutter.
- Tab will change your camera angle, and Shift + Tab will change the camera angle in the opposite direction.
- Page Up or Page Down will let you look above or below.
For the Bug Reporting Experts:
- F10 will take a screenshot with some location and debug information attached. This is helpful for reporting bugs to support.
- Shift + F1 will also display some location and debug information, also useful for reporting bugs to support.
- F2 will display information inside of Cog Facilities for bug reports. It's also useful for checking the current floor number! (Add "1" to the number displayed.)
For the Toons on the Move:
- Home will display your current gags without having to open up your Shtickerbook!
- End will display your current ToonTasks.
- Alt will open up the Street Map if used on a street.
For the New Toons in Town:
- Control is the button to jump! Don't get stuck in a fountain.
- F8 will open your Shtickerbook.
- Escape will open your Shtickerbook to the "Options" page.
For the Mac Players:
On OSX or macOS, some hotkeys require pressing FN before the key. For example, FN + Home will display gags. If a key doesn't work for you, try pressing FN at the same time!
I hope that these TOON TIPS are useful for you -- and soon, they'll be displayed in Toontown! I've been working on writing TIPS to add back to loading screens with even more than ever in the not-too-distant future, so keep your eyes peeled.
We'd also love to be able to set your own Hotkeys in the Shtickerbook! What kind of other features would you like to see as Toontown polishes up things around town?
I hope you've enjoyed this Toontorial! Say, we've also cleaned a lot of things up over on Toontorial Terrace. If you know any new Toons in town, tell them to stop by. Enjoy this update!
December 10, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.3]
• Minor changes to various cutscenes in the Toontorial for better player experience.
• HQ Harry has an improved cutscene in the Toontorial.
• Transparency for the ToonFest glasses has slightly changed.
• Various typo fixes and dialogue improvements throughout the game.
• Fix an exploit which allowed players to create a loud sound by spamming animations or SpeedChat phrases.
• Fix a bug that prevented players from clicking Tutorial Tom's speech bubbles in the Toontorial.
• Eliminate visual stuttering for the Toontorial Flunky.
• The Toontorial Battle no longer clips with the edge of the sidewalk.
• A number of Toontorial ToonTasks now properly zoom in to the NPC.
• Fixed lack of widescreen support for the "Make a Friend" ToonTask GUI.
• Street props will now always display in Toontown Central. A previous bug made them only appear after visiting a street.
• Fix a bug causing both Toon HQ doors to display arrows in the margins
• The final battle of the CEO now plays the correct music.
• Fix a bug which caused nametags to be unclickable during the final battle of the CEO.
• Fix a bug which caused the VP to stop moving after being ran into while stunned.
This is super useful as I recently just got a Macbook. Thank you Dan for posting this!