1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried

Professor Pete's Schoolhouse - Thread: How to know when Lure will work on Trap

Professor Pete's Schoolhouse - Question How to know when Lure will work on Trap

This guide was originally written in 2013. I decided to upload it here since it might be helpful to those who are trying to train Trap and Lure efficiently.

-------

Here is a little guide about a trick that a friend of mine discovered. I'm not sure if lots of people know this trick, so I'll try and explain it the best way I can.

First of all, you need someone else to do this trick with you. It cannot be done by yourself. Someone has to automatically lure right after someone uses a trap.

I've been getting lots of comments saying "How do you know when it hits?!?!"

Well, look at this picture of this trapdoor here.

Spoiler HTML code

Notice the hinges. They are on top.

Now, look at the hinges on the other trapdoor that is circled in this picture here.

Spoiler HTML code

Now, do you see Lily using her Hypno-Goggles? That circled trapdoor is telling you that her Hypno-Goggles will work. If her Hypno-Goggles would miss, that circled trapdoor would look just like the one to the right of it that isn't circled.

The same rules apply for quicksands as well. Notice the part of the quicksand that is circled.

Spoiler HTML code

Now, look at this picture when I lure and both circled parts of the quicksands are opposite of each other.

Spoiler HTML code

The cogs are being lured now. Those clues will show you how to identify if lure will work with quicksands and trapdoors.

Now, I will show you how the marbles, TNT, and banana peels work with lure. However, in order to identify if lure will work on the three, it can only be shown in buildings. Streets and Cog HQs are unknown.

Here is an example of Petunia using her marbles. Notice that there is a stack of marbles in the middle of where the cog and we are. Look closely at Petunia. Do you see her with the marbles in her hand?

Spoiler HTML code

That icon before someone throws a trap shows that that trap that you physically throw will work. If it misses, that icon will not be there. Remember, it can only be done in cog buildings! However, it also does work in boss battles. Sometimes people see a TNT off to the side of the boss, or in the CJ, by the desk he stands on. That also shows that the trap will work as well. However, it's hard to see it, since the angle isnt directly by it. (I don't have a screenshot to show, but I think some of you may get the idea.)

Here is the result of the cog getting lured onto the marbles. (I had to do a different cog because the first screenshot was blurry.)

Spoiler HTML code

Here are the other pictures of what the banana peel and the TNT look like before someone lures.

Spoiler HTML code

Spoiler HTML code

I will say that I have no idea how to identify the railroad and the rake. I never found a 'secret' to those gags, so you're based on luck with those two.

I'd like to thank Petunia and Lily for helping me make this. This guide couldn't be done without them.

You guys should test this out! It really works!

Blog Entries
      Interesting guide! Thanks!

Blog Entries
      Thanks for posting this guide! I'm sure it will help quite a few Toons.

Blog Entries
      That's gonna hurt my poor little head but looks like a great guide

Blog Entries
      If the picture changes right before you lure, won't you know that your lure did or did not hit just based on the fact that in a few seconds the cog will either have been hurt or not hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Madvillain View Post
      If the picture changes right before you lure, won't you know that your lure did or did not hit just based on the fact that in a few seconds the cog will either have been hurt or not hurt?
      Yes, but the graphic change is there to ensure that the lure won't fail before you use it.