1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Dashing SOS Shoppers - Thread: DSOSS Recommendations!

Dashing SOS Shoppers - DSOSS Recommendations!

This is a thread for DSOSS Members who have great ideas that we should consider.
      Whether it's a stay card we should add, an event we should host, or feedback, let us know!
      And remember, no idea is a bad idea.

Last edited by Little Tom Jabbermonkey; 11-02-2017 at 11:46 AM.

Blog Entries
      Definitely a few huge peeves I've had when shopping with DSOSS:

-If the elevator is not full, please either have someone exit to grab someone if they enter before the elevator leaves, or (especially if the former has already happened), have someone wait until 5 seconds to enter in case someone new enters the lobby. This one isn't a huge issue, but there have been times I'll be a little slow coming back (old computer troubles, or just lag) and I'll enter the lobby moments before a non-full elevator leaves. I guess in addition to this, if there's a certain consistent amount of people in one group, please try to wait for everyone to get back before leaving again.

-If there is clearly 12 (or even 11-13) people at one time, it would make a lot more sense to fill the elevator with groups of 6 or 7 rather than always filling with 8, leaving 4 who might not be able to go, especially if one is running two or there's an uber.

-PLEASE CALL THE CARD BEFORE/INSTEAD OF SIMPLY SAYING "RUN". It is even one of the rules of shopping. I'm not sure how things have been recently, but this has definitely been violated in the past. I know it isn't very important if it's a general run card, but if we're running from the elevator, I like to know what card I'm running on. Even if you're not sure, in fact, ESPECIALLY if you're not sure, saying who it is or who you think it is (and mentioning you're not 100% if that's the case) can make some shoppers (like me) feel a lot better.

Thank you for having this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Hulagadget View Post
      Definitely a few huge peeves I've had when shopping with DSOSS:

-If the elevator is not full, please either have someone exit to grab someone if they enter before the elevator leaves, or (especially if the former has already happened), have someone wait until 5 seconds to enter in case someone new enters the lobby. This one isn't a huge issue, but there have been times I'll be a little slow coming back (old computer troubles, or just lag) and I'll enter the lobby moments before a non-full elevator leaves. I guess in addition to this, if there's a certain consistent amount of people in one group, please try to wait for everyone to get back before leaving again.

-If there is clearly 12 (or even 11-13) people at one time, it would make a lot more sense to fill the elevator with groups of 6 or 7 rather than always filling with 8, leaving 4 who might not be able to go, especially if one is running two or there's an uber.

-PLEASE CALL THE CARD BEFORE/INSTEAD OF SIMPLY SAYING "RUN". It is even one of the rules of shopping. I'm not sure how things have been recently, but this has definitely been violated in the past. I know it isn't very important if it's a general run card, but if we're running from the elevator, I like to know what card I'm running on. Even if you're not sure, in fact, ESPECIALLY if you're not sure, saying who it is or who you think it is (and mentioning you're not 100% if that's the case) can make some shoppers (like me) feel a lot better.

Thank you for having this thread!
      1. I can say that this is what most clan leaders should be doing, but I'll make sure and give a little reminder.

2. While it can be suggested by the clan leaders to run two groups of six, we can't always be sure people listen. But again, I will notify the other clan leaders.

3. This is the trickier of the three. Some of the people who call the run card are not clan leaders, after one person says run the group tends to follow. I will make sure and say something to the clan leaders about actually calling the card while stating run or stay, i.e. Run - Sophie Squirt/ Stay - LOM

DSOSS thanks you for posting you concerns and recommendations, I hope you feel a bit better with the response. But again, if you feel like you didn't get the answer you we're looking for, please feel free to PM us, Please message Leah, Little Tom Jabbermonkey or Myself regarding the matter.

Thanks for you message, have a great day!

Hi, I have a suggestion! I think shopping should start at 7:00-8:00 pm EST(except for sundays) instead of 5:30. A lot of times I am eating dinner at that time and I feel like it is also really early for other time zones too.

Blog Entries
      The only reason I do not shop with DSOSS is because I do not like when cards are called out in the elevator. Sorry to those who do, but its just a pet peeve of mine. I have been shopping for years, and am used to the old fashion way of waiting until the cage to see the card and yelling run or stay. I like the suspense of waiting to see what the card is, and I am not sure why people have to call it out in the elevator, to what, save like 10 seconds of their time shopping? Idk I would shop more if people didnt call out the card in the elevator because the times I have shopped with DSOSS people always do it and a lot of the times people left in the elevator. I normally have to try and minimize the screen and wait for the cage to satisfy the nostalgia of shopping like the old days haha.

Other than that, shopping has been a love of mine, always will be regardless of the clan. However I am just not a fan of cards being called out in the elevator, thus why I dont shop.
      Nothing to do with DSOSS, just the fact that now a days people shout out the card in the elevator to be more "convenient" and "time saving" I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
      Hi, I have a suggestion! I think shopping should start at 7:00-8:00 pm EST(except for sundays) instead of 5:30. A lot of times I am eating dinner at that time and I feel like it is also really early for other time zones too.
      I agree with this, it's rare that I'm free at 5:30 and as HS students often have sports/clubs/homework/etc. it can be a challenging time for some. 8 or 9 EST would be ideal for me if it didn't risk running into either TLNL or Survivor ICs at 9 on Tuesdays.

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post

I agree with this, it's rare that I'm free at 5:30 and as HS students often have sports/clubs/homework/etc. it can be a challenging time for some. 8 or 9 EST would be ideal for me if it didn't risk running into either TLNL or Survivor ICs at 9 on Tuesdays.
      I personally feel you cant avoid SOS Shopping running into other events, just like a CFO Marathon, both are continuous. IMO shopping only risks running into another event if its another shopping event itself. However I would recommend shopping to start at 7 PM EST, as this is scheduled to start at 7 PM, not running into any other clan events that start at 7 PM. That way events held at 8/9/10 etc on the days you shop it wont clash because shopping is a continuous event, anyone can come and go, I feel its only an issue is if it starts at the same time as another clans scheduled run.

My suggestion stated would to start at 7 PM (except on Sundays since keeping it at like 5 is good imo), I think it would be a good time for the community and the clan itself.
      Last edited by Saphera; 05-29-2016 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justina View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Saphera View Post
      The only reason I do not shop with DSOSS is because I do not like when cards are called out in the elevator. Sorry to those who do, but its just a pet peeve of mine. I have been shopping for years, and am used to the old fashion way of waiting until the cage to see the card and yelling run or stay. I like the suspense of waiting to see what the card is, and I am not sure why people have to call it out in the elevator, to what, save like 10 seconds of their time shopping? Idk I would shop more if people didnt call out the card in the elevator because the times I have shopped with DSOSS people always do it and a lot of the times people left in the elevator. I normally have to try and minimize the screen and wait for the cage to satisfy the nostalgia of shopping like the old days haha.

Other than that, shopping has been a love of mine, always will be regardless of the clan. However I am just not a fan of cards being called out in the elevator, thus why I dont shop.
      Nothing to do with DSOSS, just the fact that now a days people shout out the card in the elevator to be more "convenient" and "time saving" I guess?
      Quote Originally Posted by Lacy View Post

I personally feel you cant avoid SOS Shopping running into other events, just like a CFO Marathon, both are continuous. IMO shopping only risks running into another event if its another shopping event itself. However I would recommend shopping to start at 7 PM EST, as this is scheduled to start at 7 PM, not running into any other clan events that start at 7 PM. That way events held at 8/9/10 etc on the days you shop it wont clash because shopping is a continuous event, anyone can come and go, I feel its only an issue is if it starts at the same time as another clans scheduled run.

My suggestion stated would to start at 7 PM (except on Sundays since keeping it at like 5 is good imo), I think it would be a good time for the community and the clan itself.
      Hey guys, love that you are all using the thread like we at DSOSS hoped for!
      So first of all, changing the DSOSS time for shopping has always been talked about, but we do need to make sure we are spacing our time so that we are not running into other clans/events. Of course this hasn't been brought up recently, I will make sure and talk to the other clan leaders about it. Most likely this will result in a poll to see what DSOSS members would prefer.
      As far as sticking around to see who is captured in the cage, this is for sure something that will be talked about, saving 10 seconds of time is not worth in DSOSS shopper feeling upset, it is also likely we can ask other members to get their opinions on it as well.
      Again guys, DSOSS thanks you so much for posting your recommendations and I assure that you will be quoted in this thread when all clan leaders have given an input and we come to a finalized solution.

If you have any comments, questions or concerns please feel free to contact Jake, Leah or myself, thanks!

Blog Entries

I actually like that people call cards in the elevator now. I know what you mean about the nostalgia of not calling and waiting to see the card. However, there are some days where maybe Daffy Don is not a stay but people may want to vote to stay. Calling out "Daffy Don, do you guys want to vote on a stay or run?" in the elevator allows for more time to get everyone's opinion before coming to a consensus. Just my opinion on it, though.

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle View Post

I actually like that people call cards in the elevator now. I know what you mean about the nostalgia of not calling and waiting to see the card. However, there are some days where maybe Daffy Don is not a stay but people may want to vote to stay. Calling out "Daffy Don, do you guys want to vote on a stay or run?" in the elevator allows for more time to get everyone's opinion before coming to a consensus. Just my opinion on it, though.
      And thats why you have a set card panel that everyone shops for. So that confusion doesnt occur. How is it fair voting if some people want it but majority doesnt? You might as well just have a set panel so its fair for everyone. I dont understand the point in voting when you can just have a set card set. Just like back in the day, it was the elite 8 plus sid and thats what everyome stayed for to be fair to everyone. If there is people wanting multiple cards then have friends to shop with or the clan can offer different cards outside of the elite 8 every event, to have a set panel to shop for.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast