1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Dashing SOS Shoppers - Thread: DSOSS Recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Saphera View Post

And thats why you have a set card panel that everyone shops for. So that confusion doesnt occur. How is it fair voting if some people want it but majority doesnt? You might as well just have a set panel so its fair for everyone. I dont understand the point in voting when you can just have a set card set. Just like back in the day, it was the elite 8 plus sid and thats what everyome stayed for to be fair to everyone. If there is people wanting multiple cards then have friends to shop with or the clan can offer different cards outside of the elite 8 every event, to have a set panel to shop for.
      i agree with this. i personally don't like staying for daffy, so i don't go shopping on those days. if daffy shows up on a day where you don't stay for daffy, why should we vote to stay? it just makes everything more complicated & i think it'd be a lot easier if there was a rule to only stay for cards listed for that day. even if the majority wants to stay, i shouldn't have to stay because it's not an actual card that you stay for.

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Saphera
      And thats why you have a set card panel that everyone shops for. So that confusion doesnt occur. How is it fair voting if some people want it but majority doesnt? You might as well just have a set panel so its fair for everyone. I dont understand the point in voting when you can just have a set card set. Just like back in the day, it was the elite 8 plus sid and thats what everyome stayed for to be fair to everyone. If there is people wanting multiple cards then have friends to shop with or the clan can offer different cards outside of the elite 8 every event, to have a set panel to shop for.
      The whole point of voting is it's majority rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Paradise
      i agree with this. i personally don't like staying for daffy, so i don't go shopping on those days. if daffy shows up on a day where you don't stay for daffy, why should we vote to stay? it just makes everything more complicated & i think it'd be a lot easier if there was a rule to only stay for cards listed for that day. even if the majority wants to stay, i shouldn't have to stay because it's not an actual card that you stay for.
      I don't think you have to stay. If a group has 8 people and you guys get Stinky Ned and 7/8 want to stay, the group will be fine in my opinion if that one person leaves. He isn't a stay card so you aren't forced to stay. However, some people find these cards useful and if other people want to stay they should be allowed to. Personally, I like Daffy Don because I am toonupless. Lureless toons may want to stay for as many lure SOS cards as possible. You aren't being forced to stay if it's not a stay card, however it's nice to be able to vote on cards, too.
      Last edited by Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle; 05-29-2016 at 02:34 PM. Reason: my response goes to the both of you btw i just wanted to quote you both so you'd see it

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Paradise View Post
      This is why with our June 1st Updates we will be updating all stay cards to be the same each day of shopping so there is no more confusion as to which cards we are staying for!
      We are still going to let people vote on certain cards like Daffy and Nancy since some people do like these cards. It is always a majority vote though so if 6 people don't want to stay and 2 do then it will be a run card. Makes sense?
      If you have any comments, questions or concerns please feel free to let any of the Clan Leaders know: Jake, Thomas or myself, thanks!
      Last edited by Leah; 05-29-2016 at 02:45 PM.

Blog Entries
      I find the voting process to just be confusing and ultimately unfair to everyone as a whole. Having a set card panel to shop for is how it should be, and out of the respect of others, everyone should leave on the card that the clan does not stay for, just to keep it fair to everyone so no one feels left out and having to wait forever in the lobby just because the group wanted a card that the clan doesnt shop for. You might as well just find friends and shop for the cards you want instead of doing it at a clan run where it can be unfair to people who wants to stay on cards that clan stays for specifically and continue shopping but has to be punished because of others who prefer to make up a rule of voting and staying on a card the clan doesnt stay for. I feel like it makes it a huge confusing mess to new people and/or for existing members. If voting isnt a clan rule, why do it?

Blog Entries
      I find the voting process to just be confusing and ultimately unfair to everyone as a whole. Having a set card panel to shop for is how it should be, and out of the respect of others, everyone should leave on the card that the clan does not stay for, just to keep it fair to everyone so no one feels left out and having to wait forever in the lobby just because the group wanted a card that the clan doesnt shop for. You might as well just find friends and shop for the cards you want instead of doing it at a clan run where it can be unfair to people who wants to stay on cards that clan stays for specifically and continue shopping but has to be punished because of others who prefer to make up a rule of voting and staying on a card the clan doesnt stay for. I feel like it makes it a huge confusing mess to new people and/or for existing members. If voting isnt a clan rule, why do it?
      Voting kind of is a rule. Not for every card but I know they mentioned that they were changing their stay cards to add a few cards (I don't remember which specifically) PLUS a vote for Nancy Gas. So instead of Nancy being an actual stay people can decide if they want to or not. I honestly don't get what is so confusing about voting on certain cards or why it's such a problem. I feel like I remember some people voting while at SSOSS on TTO, as well. It isn't really a new concept and people have definitely voted for a while at DSOSS.

i think whoever you want to vote for should either be a stay or a run. voting just makes it a lot more confusing and isn't fair to the people who don't want to stay because either a) they stay for a card they don't want to stay for or b) they get stuck in the lobby waiting for the others to finish. i don't see anything on voting in the rules either which just makes it even more confusing.
      i also don't really see the need for staying for lower sos cards when there are better ones that do the same thing but that's just me. idk if anyone else feels the same way.

Blog Entries

Actually, back in the day, Sid was NOT a stay card, since for the longest time there were only 8 card slots and SSOSS took a very long time to officially add Sid into the mix after 16 slots opened up. I would often shop on Molly Moon, my uber, and whenever Sid would come up, I would immediately say "I'm staying" in hopes that others would stay as well. More often than not, they ran, whether because they weren't staying for Sid or enough people ran that they got scared. There were rare times we had enough of us stay that we could fight, and often only 4 or 5 of us stayed and it would be a difficult fight (though fun) since I was on my uber. Everyone has their own gauge of how valuable a card is, and when the majority of shoppers in one particular group don't agree with what the clan states (ie, a card the group finds valuable but is not a stay card), it only makes sense that a vote can happen so people can stay for the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle View Post

Voting kind of is a rule. Not for every card but I know they mentioned that they were changing their stay cards to add a few cards (I don't remember which specifically) PLUS a vote for Nancy Gas. So instead of Nancy being an actual stay people can decide if they want to or not. I honestly don't get what is so confusing about voting on certain cards or why it's such a problem. I feel like I remember some people voting while at SSOSS on TTO, as well. It isn't really a new concept and people have definitely voted for a while at DSOSS.
      Honestly, I feel a bit pushed against a wall, the only thing I can think to do is to hold a poll, asking people if we should get rid of the voting to stay for cards. But even with a change of rules people will most likely still vote on staying for cards. But regardless, DSOSS will issue out a couple polls to handle a issues that have come up in this thread. But DSOSS has also and will continue to go with the majority vote rather than eliminate voting on cards in the elevator completely. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were exactly looking for, but DSOSS will continue to do what is best for the majority of shoppers.
      Last edited by Leah; 05-29-2016 at 03:10 PM.

Blog Entries
      Ooh! Ooh! I just had an idea! Maybe if a clan leader can keep another toon window open (in addition to the parkers), they can have one toon stay in the lobby to help with communication, ie, letting people know if there is a group in right now, and maybe can also help those who may be with a group who voted to stay for a card that member did not personally want to stay for, the clan leader can let them know there are enough toons in the lobby to go for another group, so said member can exit without risking going groupless.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
      Honestly, I feel a bit pushed against a wall, the only thing I can think to do is to hold a poll, asking people if we should get rid of the voting to stay for cards. But even with a change of rules people will most likely still vote on staying for cards. But regardless, DSOSS will issue out a couple polls to handle a issues that have come up in this thread. But DSOSS has also and will continue to go with the majority vote rather than eliminate voting on cards in the elevator completely. I'm sorry if this isn't the answer you were exactly looking for, but DSOSS will continue to do what is best for the majority of shoppers.
      even if the majority votes to continue voting in the elevator, it's still not going to change the fact that it's unfair to the people who don't want to stay for the card. i'd like to think you'd make rules out of fairness, not just what the majority wants.
      also i'd like it if you at least had one day with just the original 8 cards + sid because i don't like staying for them and i know of others who feel the same way.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast