1. Welcome to Toontown Alley, a Toontown forum! Toontown Alley was created when Toontown Hall announced its closure due to Toontown Online shutting its doors. Luckily, a group of toons decided to recreate Toontown, calling it Toontown Rewritten! Toontown Alley has many different clans centered around Toontown Rewritten that will help you make friends, train gags, defeat bosses, and more!
    If you're searching for a Toontown fansite, the search ends here! Register today to gain unrestricted access!
  • Abandoned
  • Adorable
  • Adventure Time
  • Aggressive
  • Amused
  • Angelic
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Approved
  • Asleep
  • B&W
  • Baffled
  • Bahaha
  • Bashful
  • Beans R Us
  • Blah
  • Bookworm
  • Bored
  • Brooding
  • Busy
  • Chatty
  • Cheeky
  • Cheerful
  • Cloud9
  • Cold
  • Confused
  • Cool
  • Crappy
  • Cynical
  • daring
  • Darlin
  • Daydreaming
  • Dead
  • Depressed
  • Depressed2
  • Derp
  • Devilish
  • Disapprove
  • Disgusted
  • Distanced
  • Doleful
  • Doubtful
  • Dr Pepper
  • Dunce
  • Elated
  • Empty
  • Enamored
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Festive
  • Fine
  • Flattered
  • Flirty
  • Floral
  • Foot in Mouth
  • Free
  • Friendly
  • Gaming
  • Goofy
  • Green
  • Grumpy
  • Haha!
  • Happy
  • Hmm
  • hot
  • Hypnotized
  • I'm Breezy
  • I'm Where?
  • in love
  • In Pain
  • Infatuated
  • Innocent
  • Inspired
  • Irresistable
  • Jammin
  • Linkin Park
  • Lonely
  • lurking
  • Mad
  • Mellow
  • Moisturized
  • Monsters, Inc.
  • Nerdy
  • Not Amused
  • NTC
  • Oops
  • Optimistic
  • Ornery
  • Paranoid
  • Penguin
  • Pensive
  • Persnickety
  • Productive
  • Psychelic
  • Question
  • r00d
  • Radical
  • relaxed
  • roflol
  • Sad
  • Sassy
  • Scared
  • Sherlocked
  • shh
  • Shocked
  • Shy
  • Sick
  • Sleepy
  • Smitten
  • Sneaky
  • Snoozing
  • So Fetch
  • Spooky
  • Starbucks
  • Starly
  • Starving
  • stressed
  • stuck
  • Studying
  • Summer
  • Sunshine
  • Super
  • suspicious
  • Talkative
  • Tell the Hand
  • Tired
  • Tolerant
  • Torn
  • Twisted
  • Umbreon
  • Upset
  • Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Warriors
  • Wicked
  • Winter
  • Woot
  • Worried
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Dashing SOS Shoppers - Thread: DSOSS Recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Paradise View Post
      also i'd like it if you at least had one day with just the original 8 cards + sid because i don't like staying for them and i know of others who feel the same way.
      I'm going to add to this because I strongly agree with it. While the new SOS cards are nice and all, I still prefer to shop for only the Elite 8 and Sid, even though I'm not a fan of Lil Oldman. I'm not as much of an avid SOS shopper as I used to be, mostly because I don't find myself using SOS cards nearly as much as I did back in TTO. I never went to the shopping events where clans stayed for the Sweet 16 because I found it to be quite useless since there aren't that many run cards that way; I kind of feel the same way now because there are more permanent stay cards than I would like.

With that being said, my best recommendation would be to have one or two day(s) with the new cards and keep the rest how it has been to satisfy everyone. It could work just like as it did with the days DSOSS stayed for Daffy Don. I believe that it would resolve a lot of the conflict over everyone's opposing preferences that way.

Blog Entries
      also i'd like it if you at least had one day with just the original 8 cards + sid because i don't like staying for them and i know of others who feel the same way.
      I thought I was the only one I'm thirding this statement

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Avril View Post

I'm going to add to this because I strongly agree with it. While the new SOS cards are nice and all, I still prefer to shop for only the Elite 8 and Sid, even though I'm not a fan of Lil Oldman. I'm not as much of an avid SOS shopper as I used to be, mostly because I don't find myself using SOS cards nearly as much as I did back in TTO. I never went to the shopping events where clans stayed for the Sweet 16 because I found it to be quite useless since there aren't that many run cards that way; I kind of feel the same way now because there are more permanent stay cards than I would like.

With that being said, my best recommendation would be to have one or two day(s) with the new cards and keep the rest how it has been to satisfy everyone. It could work just like as it did with the days DSOSS stayed for Daffy Don. I believe that it would resolve a lot of the conflict over everyone's opposing preferences that way.
      But even with that, you're going to have groups where the majority of the elevator group would prefer to stay for the card. Rules or not, you can't make people run on a card most want to stay for.

For example, let's say there is a day where Daffy is not on the list. A group of 8 shoppers enter the elevator and Daffy Don is behind the cage. Someone who spots him says, "It's Daffy Don, and personally I'd like to stay." Another toon says they want to stay as well. One toon says they do not want to stay and that he isn't on the list today, and another toon agrees. After a brief discussion, 6 toons would rather stay for Daffy while two wish to run. The 6 have enough to fight and win on their own, and the 2 have the freedom to leave. It should be understood that while the 2 can leave in hopes of getting with another group for a better card, there is also a risk that there is no other group, and then it becomes a decision of trading time and effort for a not-as-good card, or waiting around for no reward at all.

On top of that, if a clan leader decides the group must run, there then becomes a majority unhappiness. This is especially multiplied if there have been several runs in a row, and finally a decent card like Daffy or Julius comes up. Many shoppers might not want to continue wasting their time running on decent cards when it means less time fighting to get a reward at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Hulagadget View Post

But even with that, you're going to have groups where the majority of the elevator group would prefer to stay for the card. Rules or not, you can't make people run on a card most want to stay for.

For example, let's say there is a day where Daffy is not on the list. A group of 8 shoppers enter the elevator and Daffy Don is behind the cage. Someone who spots him says, "It's Daffy Don, and personally I'd like to stay." Another toon says they want to stay as well. One toon says they do not want to stay and that he isn't on the list today, and another toon agrees. After a brief discussion, 6 toons would rather stay for Daffy while two wish to run. The 6 have enough to fight and win on their own, and the 2 have the freedom to leave. It should be understood that while the 2 can leave in hopes of getting with another group for a better card, there is also a risk that there is no other group, and then it becomes a decision of trading time and effort for a not-as-good card, or waiting around for no reward at all.

On top of that, if a clan leader decides the group must run, there then becomes a majority unhappiness. This is especially multiplied if there have been several runs in a row, and finally a decent card like Daffy or Julius comes up. Many shoppers might not want to continue wasting their time running on decent cards when it means less time fighting to get a reward at all.
      Yes, the majority may want to stay, but choosing to shop with DSOSS means you should be staying for the set cards that they have for that day. Having specific days to satisfy both parties would be the perfect solution to this situation, just like how it is now with the Daffy Don day. That way people such as myself who don't want to shop for the extra cards simply do not have to attend on those days, eliminating the need to vote on whether to stay or not. Personally, I would be satisfied if there was at least just one day set aside for the Elite 8 + Sid.

Blog Entries
      I've had the problem of people making boarding groups around me and other toons... not sure if it's because I'm a mover and shaker still or what, but

Quote Originally Posted by Saphera View Post
      I find the voting process to just be confusing and ultimately unfair to everyone as a whole. Having a set card panel to shop for is how it should be, and out of the respect of others, everyone should leave on the card that the clan does not stay for, just to keep it fair to everyone so no one feels left out and having to wait forever in the lobby just because the group wanted a card that the clan doesnt shop for. You might as well just find friends and shop for the cards you want instead of doing it at a clan run where it can be unfair to people who wants to stay on cards that clan stays for specifically and continue shopping but has to be punished because of others who prefer to make up a rule of voting and staying on a card the clan doesnt stay for. I feel like it makes it a huge confusing mess to new people and/or for existing members. If voting isnt a clan rule, why do it?
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly Yippie Frinkelmuddle View Post

Voting kind of is a rule. Not for every card but I know they mentioned that they were changing their stay cards to add a few cards (I don't remember which specifically) PLUS a vote for Nancy Gas. So instead of Nancy being an actual stay people can decide if they want to or not. I honestly don't get what is so confusing about voting on certain cards or why it's such a problem. I feel like I remember some people voting while at SSOSS on TTO, as well. It isn't really a new concept and people have definitely voted for a while at DSOSS.
      i think whoever you want to vote for should either be a stay or a run. voting just makes it a lot more confusing and isn't fair to the people who don't want to stay because either a) they stay for a card they don't want to stay for or b) they get stuck in the lobby waiting for the others to finish. i don't see anything on voting in the rules either which just makes it even more confusing.
      i also don't really see the need for staying for lower sos cards when there are better ones that do the same thing but that's just me. idk if anyone else feels the same way.

Actually, back in the day, Sid was NOT a stay card, since for the longest time there were only 8 card slots and SSOSS took a very long time to officially add Sid into the mix after 16 slots opened up. I would often shop on Molly Moon, my uber, and whenever Sid would come up, I would immediately say "I'm staying" in hopes that others would stay as well. More often than not, they ran, whether because they weren't staying for Sid or enough people ran that they got scared. There were rare times we had enough of us stay that we could fight, and often only 4 or 5 of us stayed and it would be a difficult fight (though fun) since I was on my uber. Everyone has their own gauge of how valuable a card is, and when the majority of shoppers in one particular group don't agree with what the clan states (ie, a card the group finds valuable but is not a stay card), it only makes sense that a vote can happen so people can stay for the card.
      Quote Originally Posted by Avril View Post

Hey guys, I tagged everyone (I think) because we at DSOSS love all the recommendations you guys have been posting, but lets make sure we are being respectful of each other even through the disagreements. As of right now DSOSS is in the middle of updating the stay cards, these stays card will remain permanent. Voting to stay is allowed, and while it has been discussed, it has been ultimately decided that even if we were to put a change in the rules, shoppers would still vote to stay on cards. It is almost impossible for us to have a perfect set of stay cards to please everyone. For this we add stay cards and allow you guys to vote. In the future it has been talked about having a sweet 16 whenever TTR allows us to keep all SOS cards.
      DSOSS simply can not please every shopper. Therefore we are trying to please the majority, while we do not want anyone to be upset about a card they are staying for or not staying for, we must do what is best for DSOSS and it's shoppers. With that being said, we continue to ask you guys to post in this thread and lets us know what you want, for it might turn into the majority vote. But we ask when posting your ideas, please be respectful of those who do not share the same opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor View Post
      I've had the problem of people making boarding groups around me and other toons... not sure if it's because I'm a mover and shaker still or what, but
      Hello Connor! While this is not a recommendation, we are sorry to hear about this!
      At this point I'm sure that Leah has messaged you.
      But regardless, in the future if you are shopping with DSOSS and you see people grouping around you, please immeditally message a clan leader on the site, and look for one of my toons, (Thomas or Thomas The Bunny) Leah, (Ducktor Emma) Or Jake (Little Tom Jabbermonkey) any of which will make sure that you are grouped in for any great stay cards. On the off chance that all three of us are in on a stay card, please make sure and write the names of the toons that are grouping around you and catch some screenshots if you can. DSOSS is load and go and does not group around toons for any reason other then they are randoms who are not their to shop.

If any of you have any comments, questions or concerns please feel free to contact Jake, Leah or myself, thanks!

i rarely sos shop because i prefer to stay for the elite 8 and sid. i would be more likely to attend on a day that we stay for those cards only. i'd rather collect better sos cards if i'm going to put my time into sos shopping.

as far as voting goes, i don't think it would be an issue if a rule against it were to be enforced. if voting is against the rules, it shouldn't be done. i prefer to have a set of cards that will be a for sure stay as opposed to questioning it while we're in the elevator.

If I was shopping and people voted to stay on a card that I didn't want and was not a stay card, I'd still just leave anyway. I Don't see a point in making people stay for something they don't want and isn't even meant to be stayed for.
      Last edited by Spawkyboo; 05-30-2016 at 03:10 AM.

Blog Entries
      Quote Originally Posted by Spawkyboo View Post
      If I was shopping and people voted to stay on a card that I didn't want and was not a stay card, I'd still just leave anyway. I Don't see a point in making people stay for something they don't want and isn't even meant to be stayed for.
      I think the issue isn't that you don't have the freedom to do that, because you do. I believe the issue many like you are having is that running on such cards causes you to then have to wait in the lobby while the others finish their run, if there is only one group running at that time.

I think the issue isn't that you don't have the freedom to do that, because you do. I believe the issue many like you are having is that running on such cards causes you to then have to wait in the lobby while the others finish their run, if there is only one group running at that time.
      my issue is that we shoudn't be forced to either choose to stay for a card we don't want, or a leave and wait for the group to finish. i shouldn't be inconvenienced because people want to stay for a card that isn't on the list. either way, if i don't want the card i'm getting the short end of the stick.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast